cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to upgrade

gindraxwolf
Hooked

Failure to upgrade

I contacted plusnet on the 26/06 to upgrade my mobile account from 8gb unl unl to 14gb unl unl.
There was a problem with your systems and they were down due to upgrading so, a note was put on the system of what contracts I wanted to upgrade to and I was told they would call me back tomorrow morning to confirm all had been upgraded.
I received no phone call on the 27/06 morning so I called plusnet in the afternoon and was told the system is down due to upgrading, and I was asked to call back in half an hour when the system would be back on line. I repeated this 2 more times, each time told to call back in half an hour.
On the 4th time I was told the system will not be back on line any time soon, and it’s best to call back on Monday to sort out my upgrade
I called back Monday evening, and the systems were back on line. I went through my upgrades and it was all confirmed and the date of upgrade given and received in an email was the 06/07, which is the date my contract I am on now refreshes every month.

I woke up this morning to find that my tariff / contract has not been upgraded, but my old one renewed again.
I contacted plus net to get the problem resolved, and was told there was a problem with their system due to yet another upgrade and it had knocked the renewal off the system. I informed the person who I was spoke to that it is now showing on my account that the upgrade will take place on the 06/08, a month late, and this is not what my emails or plus net had told me.
I was put through to another department to rectify my issue and put me on the correct contract, however I was told he could not do that, but he would be able to add a free bolt on to upgrade my account as it was their mistake / system error.
However I was offered a 2gb bolt on, which is not suffice considering I am upgrading from 8gb to 14gb.
I asked if there is not a way I can have my 14gb I have requested, I was informed that he would pass it on to the ops team, they might be able to do something, but they are busy and there is a queue, and they will email me regarding this.
Is there not a quicker way to resolve my issue.

4 REPLIES 4
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Failure to upgrade

Hi @grindraxwolf

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience and this isn't the service we aim to provide nor pride ourselves on. 

Unfortunately, when we have issues like this, it does have to go to our Operations team and takes a minimum of 5 working days for them to be able to look into the issues raised. I'm really sorry that we are unable to speed this up for you. 

We're more than happy to have a check over your account but we would need to pass security first. If you would like us to have a look please PM your: 

Full Name: 

Address: 

Postcode:

Mobile Number:

Confirm you are the account holder: 

Please feel free to come back to us and let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards

gindraxwolf
Hooked

Hi Ollie,
Thank you for your reply. I sent an email this morning, and Catherine messaged me back a little while ago asking for my details also, as it is actually for 5 mobile accounts. I have passed details to her and I am just waiting to find out what is happening, or what can be done, etc
Thank you for replying
Regards
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thank you for coming back to me @gindraxwolf

We don't want to see this for any of our customers but I hope Catherine gets you sorted out and if you need us, feel free to give us a shout. 

Kind Regards

gindraxwolf
Hooked

Thank you @OllieC