Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fact or Fiction - EE v MVNO

toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fact or Fiction - EE v MVNO

I was casually browsing in an EE store to see what deals they have in comparison to Plusnet Mobile. The salesman said that MVNOs couldn't access EE's full network - his explanation for this was it wouldn't be in EE's best interest to allow competition to have the same access their network. I countered that the differentiator is that a contract directly with EE allows for premium services such as Wi-Fi calling, faster downloads etc. - he disagreed.

Was it purely salesmanship or do MVNOs such as Plusnet get inferior network coverage?

Many thanks for any information anyone may have.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fact or Fiction - EE v MVNO

Hi @toggie101

Although we're an MVNO, I can confirm we receive the exact same coverage as EE and this allows us to provide coverage to across 99% of the UK population. We constantly aim to provide a high-quality service but we can’t guarantee that it'll be available all the time and we won’t be responsible for bad weather conditions, physical obstructions, maintenance/ repairs etc. 

EE are a premium brand, which is why they're able to offer premium services such as WiFi calling. As Plusnet Mobile are a value brand and target a more niche audience, this isn't something we're able to offer due to the facilities we hold. -Ashleigh

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

how do the 4g speeds compare between pn and ee?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

EE has it's exclusive double speed 4G whereas PN has to make do with 'slow' 4G that I've seen as high as 27.45Mbps on mine. Guess I'll manage Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dvorak

The 4G speeds do differ between EE and plusnet mobile, this is only because we don't have the options of double or max speeds data. 

We do offer up to 30mbps for 4G data with an average of 11mbps.  

Hope this helps Smiley 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Thanks for the info @Anonymous, I've certainly not had any complaints from my children regarding speed.
Was just curious Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'