cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra 2GB data for broadband customer

MIchaelB1
Grafter

Extra 2GB data for broadband customer

I see this is offered for new signups, but how do I select this if I want to change my current broadband deal? There doesn't seem to be an option for that. I'm not asking how to add this to my CURRENT deal, but if I choose to move to a new deal.

There are a couple of similar topics to this, but they don't seem to answer this question.

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Extra 2GB data for broadband customer

Thanks for your post @MIchaelB1 

The extra 2GB data would be included in a broadband customer mobile offer.

I'd recommend calling our mobile support team on 0800 079 1133 to discuss what deals we have available to offer for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MIchaelB1
Grafter

Hi,

Can you confirm that this offer is open to existing customers and not only new customers? As I say, I can only see this offer open to new orders. I'm not getting the option to add this extra 2GB when altering my package through my existing account.

I'm happy to call up and speak to someone to sort this out if that is necessary, but I'd rather not spent time waiting on hold if this is not even an option.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I'd definitely give them a call.  I did on Saturday to change one of my plans and it was quick and easy and got a good deal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mar7t1n
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet you're missing a trick. You know who has broadband and mobile or you just need a tick box to say yes I am check it later - you could offer these deals online, and when it becomes just one click away for an extra 50p I'd have clicked already. But when there's any barrier like needing to call I think do I really need to spend an extra £6 a year for 6x the data that I've not got anywhere near using recently I think nah - I'll just leave it. We're all internet geeks we really don't like talking to actual people!

MIchaelB1
Grafter

Totally agree with that. I have the option to alter my package on my account with just a few clicks of a mouse that I can do any time, but to get the extra 2 GB I have to phone up, spend 40 minutes on hold, and then have a discussion about it? I can't even get a clarification that the deal is even open to existing customers, which is surely just a simple yes/no question.

Like mar7t1n says, I would have already done this a month ago if it was doable online. In fact, if the "extra 2GB for broadband customers" deal didn't exist I'd probably have already moved to one of the other deals. The fact that you're dangling a better deal in front of me, but then putting barriers in my way to getting it, is stopping me making any change at all.

Can you just tell me if existing customers can get this deal or not - yes/no?

mar7t1n
Rising Star

As a new mates rate subscriber I could get 6GB of data and unlimited SMS and calls on 30 days contract for £6 a month. I just need to sign up online, Plusnet then need to do a credit check and send a SIM in the post.

As an existing customer I can get 2GB of data for 30 days, or 4GB for 12 months for £6. They need to do nothing other than change the limit on my account. But why would I click that and get a worse deal than I could just click with someone else and request a no need to speak to anyone PAC code. It's probably easier to leave and come back tbh.

Currently on 1GB for £5.50 with 2000 sms and 500 mins - I'm working from home so don't use more than 500Mb, all my calls are on Skype these days, and What's App does all the messages - so basically it's not really used at all. But the feeling there's 6GB of data there if I needed it might tempt me to pay 50p * 12 = £6 a year extra.

But it's probably not worth a 40 minutes on hold and a discussion about it. It's a lot easier to keep a customer than get a new one. This isn't a moan - I'm trying to help PlusNet by pointing out how a little change to the online interface could provide customer excellence. I'm sure very few people actually use anywhere near their limit.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I phoned on Saturday afternoon, changed the package on one SIM, and the direct debit on another and the entire phone call took less than 5 mins.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mar7t1n
Rising Star

In the end, ground down by the only way is to call - I did. The mobile team seemed much more on it than the broadband and the change was applied and new customer deal of the day applied. I'd still like to make the point that I'd have done it 6 months prior if I could have applied the same online in one click. If the deal is there for calling and consuming call centre time in the process it could be there on the portal. Haven't actually gone over my previous limit yet, but no longer feel the need to disable data to ensure I've conserved every megabyte ahead of a holiday.