cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expiry period for unused SIM

FIXED
HughG

Expiry period for unused SIM

The Plusnet mobile Ts and Cs have a great handy summary that pointed me straight to where I needed to go, but my exact question isn't fully unanswered.

I've been posted abroad with work to a country halfway round the planet from the UK where roaming costs are eye watering.  I'm therefore using a local SIM, keeping my monthly contract Plusnet SIM for the rare occasions when I come back to Europe.  It is perfectly feasible that the next such occasion will be more than twelve months away.

I am perfectly happy to pay my eight-quid-something a month to Plusnet just to keep the number for when I eventually return to the UK and for any unplanned trips to Europe, but will I be disconnected without warning for lack of use?  The SIM card is currently in an envelope to remove all chance that it be data roamed by accident.

Cheers,

Hugh

3 REPLIES 3
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Expiry period for unused SIM

My understanding is if your Plusnet SIM is on a monthly contract then it isn't time limited whether it's used or not, it's PAYGO SIMs that have to be used at least once in any 6 month period.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Hi @HughG, thanks for getting in touch.

As @caravanj advises as you're on a monthly contract with ourselves your service would not be disconnected without warning for lack of use.

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
HughG

Thank you Each.  Smiley

That's good news in line with what I hoped to read, but which I didn't want to simply assume!

Hugh