Did you mean: 

Existing customers asked for Passport ID

FIXED
tinux3010
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Existing customers asked for Passport ID

Hi guys,

I have been a customer for  over 2 years been paying by DD and still has an active Sim which i just upgraded over the phone, added Broadband too and then applied for a second sim for my son using my existing details on file and guess what????

Then i get this

Dear Mr XXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent application for a Plusnet Mobile SIM Only contract.   

We have experienced some difficulties when processing your application, before we can deliver your SIM we require some further information. ​

We require the following: ​

1. Proof of current address, dated within the last 6 months (e.g. Utility Bill, Council Tax Bill, Bank Statement)

1. Photo ID. (e.g. Passport, Driving Licence).

To help us process your order please post a photocopy of your proofs to the below address quoting your reference (in the email subject).

Plusnet Mobile
1st Floor
Telecom House
Trinity Street
Stoke-on-Trent
ST1 5ND

Regards,

The Application Processing Team

Are they serious?

Last year i placed the same order  for my daughter first day at secondary school  and somehow supplied them with Ids still  because i needed her to have a phone and they failed to process the order  still which led me to move to another supplier

I Hope someone can look into this and stop chasing customers away.I wonder if i just cancel everything in one go  instead.

Appalling

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Existing customers asked for Passport ID

Hi there, 

We'd usually ask for that kind of information in order to perform a credit check. Could you send me a private message with your name and address so I can look into that further please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tinux3010
Hooked

Thanks Adam,

I sent you a PM, can you also look at why I was charged twice for the latest order? I don't mind if it stays as a credit on the account.

Plusnet plc website.  xxx twice. and I didn't click twice on the payment.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've emailed Adam to let him know and he'll respond to your PM as soon as he can once he's in the office.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tinux3010
Hooked

Fix

Many thanks Guys,

Problem solved. it was a technical issue and is now fixed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear that! Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet