cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error ordering after Credit Card details taken.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Error ordering after Credit Card details taken.

Hi FKAChar!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm really sorry to hear about this, if you could send me a Private Message with your details, I can take a look into this for you. 

- Rebeka 

FKAChar

Sent.

Thanks.

mrunderhill
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thank you RebekaPreston for checking my account.

None of the orders went through. I still have pending payments on my CC, but these will not be acted upon my PN.  (I will keep checking though).  But I needed to call sales to place the order.

I  presume there is an issue with the ordering website, I'll guess it's when you already have a sim card.

I finally got round to calling, and I now have a Sim card on its way to me.  It did take a 10 minute phone call and 2 customer advisers, one to create the order and one to take the payment and set up the direct debit.

They both were very helpful and polite.

We all could save so much time if the ordering web site was fixed.  For one thing I wouldn't need to spend 5 minutes trying to work out if the phrase "on its way" needs an apostrophe or not, I'm still not sure.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mrunderhill!

You're welcome!

I have raised this to the relevant department and as far as I'm aware, it's currently under review.

Thanks for letting us know, if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll do our best!

- Rebeka Smiley

quelquod
Pro

@mrunderhill wrote:

For one thing I wouldn't need to spend 5 minutes trying to work out if the phrase "on its way" needs an apostrophe or not, I'm still not sure.

Heh! Heh!

No it doesn't. ('it's', meaning 'it is' has one, but 'its', meaning 'belonging to it' doesn't).

</geek>

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
steve504

I think I've been caught in this as well. 

I tried to order a sim a few days ago on Wednesday. Failed on the last bank payment verification step. But plusnet page said "thanks for the order it would be processed shortly", or something similar.

No email to say sim on way, but a pending £6 payment in bank account.

So now not sure if ordered or not, as some of the members here have had no sim others multiple sim's.

Live chat just said now, there is a known technical problem and I need to phone sales to sort it out. So not the best start.

steve504

Phoned up and yes online order had failed. Now sorted over the phone.

Quite ironic that a broadband provider is having problems with their own website and systems. 

steve504

Sim ordered on Friday over the phone. Arrived next day on Saturday. So all sorted for me.

sannyu
Hooked

I tried to order a sim only 30 day contract deal that exclusive through HotUKDeals yesterday afternoon and after I entered the my card detail for the £5 upfront payment (I think this is the last step in the order process, can anyone confirm this?) I got an "oops something went wrong page" so I clicked on the take me back link and then got the "Your order has been received!" page and it said to wait for the confirmation email which I never recieved.

I then contacted customer service to ask if my order had gone through and they told it hadn't and to try again. I tried two more times with same outcome. No email confirmation and it looks like bank has reserved 3 x £5 payment.

I am gonna call Plusnet again later today and it looks like I might have order through the phone which I rather not.

I am not the only one with this problem as many people have stated the problem over at the HUKD thread.

This needs to be fixed asap.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sannyu!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! 

I'm sorry that this has happened! We have been advised of this and it has been fed back to the relevant department.

- Rebeka 

mrunderhill
Grafter

Final update.

After talking to the two customer service people, my sim arrived the next day.

I had a message the day after saying there was a problem transferring my number.  I called straight away and unfortunately when my porting code was taken by Plusnet it was written down wrong.  So the number wasn't going to be transferred until the Monday.

My final problem was on Monday when I put the sim in my phone it would say 4G on the screen, but wouldn't actually connect to the internet.  Having a read around I found I had to go to Settings - General - Profiles and remove the TalkTalk WAP profile.

I'm not sure if this is particular to being on TalkTalk previously though.

All sorted now.  Thanks all.