Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic Voicemail Notifications.

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Erratic Voicemail Notifications.

The voicemail notifications on my IPhone are very unreliable. Often if I pick up a voicemail the warning flag will stay on, then it will disappear a few minutes later, then maybe hours later it will reappear causing me to call voicemail only to discover that there are no messages. Is this a PlusNet problem or a fault with EE? Never happened when I was on O2.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
4 REPLIES 4
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Erratic Voicemail Notifications.

Hello quelquod!

Voicemail notifications are a handset feature, which we aren't usually able to give specific advice on. At present, we don't offer any support for Apple's Visual Voicemail as a service, so we cannot guarantee you can get that to work. If this changes in the future, we'll post updates on these forums and/ or on the website.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with, and season's greetings! Smiley

quelquod
Pro

Thanks for that MarkJohnson, I'll stop bothering.

It's a nuisance that there's absolutely no information on the PN site as to what's available/unavailable. EE support visual voicemail notifications, so it's a reasonable assumption that PN might too. It's not convenient having to phone or chat any old time about every single topic.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@quelquod wrote:

Thanks for that MarkJohnson, I'll stop bothering.

It's a nuisance that there's absolutely no information on the PN site as to what's available/unavailable. EE support visual voicemail notifications, so it's a reasonable assumption that PN might too. It's not convenient having to phone or chat any old time about every single topic.

The way I read Marc's answer is that they can't offer support for that since it's an Apple feature, not that it won't work.

That said I found this from a year ago on EE's forums which has some suggestions that may or may not work:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple/Visual-voicemail/td-p/373107

quelquod
Pro

Well how I read it is that it's a feature which PN don't support. (Naturally it's an Apple feature but it requires the server side to be set up to communicate with it).

My wife's on EE with an iPhone 6s same as mine and it definitely works for her which is why I thought it might work with PN.

FWIW mine worked fine when I was with O2 so I miss it - you can see if you've missed a call but not if they've left a voicemail.