Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable message recording

HELMSLEY01439
Dabbler

Enable message recording

Hi

Does anyone know what it means when the automatic voice on PlusNet Mobile when you dial into voicemail (when you dial 555) says ‘to enable message recording’ actually means?

Cheers 🍻 for any information about it 😊

Richard
6 REPLIES 6
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Enable message recording

I can't really answer, not familiar with PN Mobile's system. Is there not an option given to press a number to activate/de-activate voicemail? i.e. "message recording". Or is it an invitaion to record your own welcome message?

Might be worth phoning them for an explanation. Or is there any information in mobile help?

Anything useful here? https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Richard,

As far as I'm aware that's to record your own welcome message, but if you enable it do you hear anything else afterwards? 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HELMSLEY01439
Dabbler

I’ve found out what it means, I did an experiment!

Once I’d gone through the options to disable that particular feature, I then rang through to my PlusNet mobile phone number, and the automated voice says something on the lines of “you cannot leave a message on this person’s voicemail” which I believe is a very useful feature

Thank you for your feedback that you’ve provided me with thought 😊

Take Care

Richard

HELMSLEY01439
Dabbler

It’s also good 👍 because you don’t have to have your voicemail service physically removed from your mobile telephone service (that is of course, if it is actually possible to have voicemail taken off) 😊

Take Care

Richard
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Ah cheers for the updates Richard. Good to know! Smiley

We can permanently disable voicemail from our side, if needed though. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@Gandalf 

The voicemail always show notifications on top of my status bar every 2 hours (Samsung Galaxy A53 5G) can be very annoying can't take it off as I look at the phone option it can only disabled for 2 hours max (wish it have an option for permanently disabled) as I did called plusnet before to disabled voicemail on my account which they did but can't removed it off my phone) there is no option for any recorded voicemail to be deleted and turned off when dial it.