cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Calls Only

SPRPlus

Emergency Calls Only

Hi - had absolutely no problem with my mobile service for months but this last month I have "emergency calls only" on my phone and no ability to send texts, use mobile data or make calls. Oddly enough I can text and receive texts from my son who also has a plusnet sim...!

I've tried moving the sim to the other slot and back again (same problem in both). Not sure what to do next to try and fix this. I have the Plusnet app installed and no issues are showing on there....

Help!

4 REPLIES 4
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Emergency Calls Only

@SPRPlus wrote:

Hi - had absolutely no problem with my mobile service for months but this last month I have "emergency calls only" on my phone and no ability to send texts, use mobile data or make calls. Oddly enough I can text and receive texts from my son who also has a plusnet sim...!

Not quite clear on this but it sounds as if you tried using your son's phone using his sim? Did you try your son's sim in your phone? And your sim in his? If it works ok in his phone, might be the sim contacts are knackered or maybe even the phone. Either way the phone isn't picking up the sim. If the son's sim works ok in your phone, maybe you need a new replacement sim.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
SPRPlus

Sorry for the confusion.
My son has his own phone with his own plusnet sim. His works fine. I can send and receive texts from my own phone but only to and from him. I can't text anyone else (just says tap to resend on each text), I can't receive texts from anyone else and phone calls don't work.
No sim swapping done 👍
mrmitch85
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

It maybe that the messages to / from your son are going via iMessage or Google messaging rather than SMS, and that's why it's working.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @SPRPlus 

I'm really sorry to see your mobile doesn't work. Could you drop me a private message with the following details and we’ll be happy to take a look for you. This information will pass our data protection checks.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet