cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ee move. No signal on plustnet now

Thescud

Ee move. No signal on plustnet now

For 5 days now I cannot make a call on plustnet mobile.
Because they are moving to ee. This is not the way to do business. I have literally been cut of with no signal after calling customer services on another phone they just want u to move to ee for more money. I like ee but this is not the way to do business

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Ee move. No signal on plustnet now

If you are a current PN mobile customer, the fact you have no signal has nothing to do with 'forcing' you to EE. Have you checked on the EE issues checker for possible problems in your local area? https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

John
Thescud

Checked that. Says all is OK. It isn't though?
jab1
Legend

So, there are no widespread problems. Have you tried turning the phone completely off, leaving it and then restarting? Which phone?

John
Thescud

It's not just my phone. It's my wives to. Both on plusnet. One is 7 Edge other is samsung 12.
I've rebooted at least 20 times over the last few days
jab1
Legend

OK. Sounds like there may be a very local issue in your area that hasn't been picked up yet. What exactly did support say when you called? Unfortunately I'm not on PN mobile, nor do I use an Android phone, so there is not too much more I can think of.

John
Thescud

They said there moving to ee. And tried to sell me a sim option.
jab1
Legend

I know this may sound silly, but I would call them again and hope you get a more knowledgable agent. Current PN mobile customers  stay on PN, and a lack of signal issue such as yours would not miraculously be solved by moving to EE.

John
LesS

HI, I have had no mobile service for about a day now.  I have checked the SIM card in another phone and no service with it.

The 0800 number is no use when you have no service.

Is there a web text link I can avail of.

Thanks.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

As an aside, I have never found those coverage checkers to be either accurate or of any use. All networks, not only EE.

I am using EE and Vodafone networks at the moment. For my postcode both show a result of "excellent" indoors and outdoors, 3G and 4G. I have to use WiFi Calling for both, phones automatically switch to that indoors. Outdoors, locally, I'm lucky to get 1 bar signal.

No WiFi Calling, no chance.

Has the O.P. possibly tried changing network settings? "Preferred network type", if that option is in those phones' settings. Are the phones set up to automatically select network rather than manually?

I'm clutching at straws really!

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Plusnet don't support all the frequencies that EE use - I know of some areas where I can no longer get any Plusnet signal but where there is a usable EE signal. In those cases the status checker doesn't report a problem - because there isn't one for EE users.