cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE won't give me a PAC

basenji
Hooked

EE won't give me a PAC

Hi all, just rang EE to get a PAC, and I'd like to keep my number. Very politely told I don't need one to move to PN, just get a sim and call them back and they'll move the old number for me. Is this correct?

3 REPLIES 3
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: EE won't give me a PAC

Hi basenji

thanks very much for getting in touch! I'm very sorry but it looks like you've been misinformed about this. 
We would need a PAC code to transfer your number over to us, once we have a PAC we can get your number transferred over to us Smiley 

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Not only do you require a PAC to port your number, but under Ofcom regs a provider is required to provide it immediately over the phone or within 2 hours via text.

Keeping your number when switching provider is called 'porting' your number.

You’ll need to contact your current provider and request a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). This is a numerical code that you must then give to your new provider.

A PAC must be provided to you immediately over the phone or within two hours by text. Once you have a PAC, it is valid for 30 days. If it expires, you can request a new one. In some circumstances there may be a charge for porting.

Once you have given your new provider the PAC, they will notify your current provider of the port request, and your number should normally be ported and ready to use with your new services within one business day.

Don't forget that if you’re still in contract with your old provider, you may have to pay early termination charges.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

I would contact them again request a PAC and if you get no joy remind them of their regulatory obligations
basenji
Hooked

Thanks both to Sarah and Davey, I'll get back onto them. I'll update this thread if it gets "complicated" 🙂