cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE to Plus

ofarm

EE to Plus

I have two numbers with EE that I'm planning to move to Plus, but EE say that the PAC codes they've given me won't work for the move to Plus as it's the same network.  I know Plus use EE, but does this sound right?

18 REPLIES 18
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: EE to Plus

Hi ofarm,

This is not the case, yes we use the EE network but you can still port over from EE to Plusnet. Many customers have done so and continue to presently. 

The port-in process takes up to 2 working days to complete and there will be some disruption on the network in the meantime, but this is part of the process. You can use your existing SIM until the transfer is complete and you will know this as your current SIM will stop working. When this happens, pop in your Plusnet mobile SIM and you'll be good to go!

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley
ofarm

Thank you for your help.  Misinformation again from EE/Orange.  Another question.  I'm moving a total of four numbers to Plus.  Can I order these together, and link them all to my phone/broadband account?

Andy

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

No worries Andy,

Yes you can order these all together however they will be 4 separate accounts under your name. We don't merge our accounts together and unfortunately, we won't be able to merge your broadband/phone account with this. Your mobile account will be separate and if you need any help with your broadband/phone account, you will need to speak to Plusnet Customer Services, not the Plusnet mobile team. 

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley

PlsnetFan
Dabbler

I have a query regarding the same two networks, EE and Plusnet.

I've been a customer of EE for 10+ years. The connection speed has generally been very good with EE. I am on a 4G package.

On another phone I use iD Mobile, an MVNO who uses the Three network to route calls, texts, and data. It is supposed to provide a 4G signal. However, the 4G signal is nothing like as good as EEs. When I have enquired about this, I have been informed that because iD Mobile don't own the network, they receive an inferior signal to Three's own customers who take priority.

Therefore, on that basis, can anyone please tell me if the signal quality with Plusnet's mobile service would be equal to that of EE's customers? I know that Plusnet uses EE's network.

Also what is the customer service like for Plusnet when you telephone them? How long do you typically have to hang on the line to speak to them as a customer?

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate your thoughts Smiley

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

The 4G service I am getting now from Plusnet is excellent, faster than 02 was and faster than Three.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

When I changed to Life Mobile I found that lf you port a number from one EE based provider to another EE based provider it can't be done automatically whilst you're on the phone.

It has to be done manually & can take a couple of days.

We have Plusnet TV, phone, broadband & now three mobiles with Plusnet & we much prefer the bils & DDs to be kept separate.

PlsnetFan
Dabbler

Does anybody know if EE prioritises their own signals versus those of Plusnet mobile?

Like I was saying above, I've intermittently experienced problems with another mobile network which uses Three, because Three prioritises their own network's customers' connections.

Any feedback would be welcome. Thank you.

custos
Aspiring Pro

Since EE and Plusnet are owned by BT I think it is very unlikely that Plusnet would get a second class service. My experience is that the 4G speed is excellent (faster than 02 and Three) and there seems plenty of bandwidth, even at peak times.

jon
Grafter

I disagree with custos. Although plus net are part of the same family, they are a budget brand so it's quite possible that traffic for the premium EE brand is prioritised over their budget brand plus net, particularly when the network is congested. With giff gaff (O2's budget brand) some people on the forums found that data transfers were slower than on O2, though I've not seen any definite statement from Giff gaff. Without a statement from plus net or some side by side testing in areas known to be congested it's impossible to know for certain.

custos
Aspiring Pro

I can only report my experience which is good. The last test I did was almost 28Mb/s and a ping of just 32ms. That was late afternoon in Weymouth.

PlsnetFan
Dabbler

Interesting discussion. Thank you for the feedback guys.

Does anybody else have an experience of both the phone signal and data connection speed for Plusnet mobile please? Thanks.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@PlsnetFan

Don't use either EE's or PlusNet's coverage checkers, or any other providers, as they are all hopelessly inaccurate in determining what signal strength you'll get.

For a very reliable projection I suggest you use https://opensignal.com/ which is based on realtime 15 minute updates from their app on thousands of actual in-use mobile phones.

Their coverage map for my area was 100% accurate & totally the opposite of the coverage stated by both EE & Plusnet. who both said 4g good, 3g & 2g very good.

Opensignal said no 4g & poor 3g & 2g which is what we get.

jon
Grafter

There are so many factors involved that it's impossible to make  meaningful comparison with rates other people to get. Your best bet is to look at Ofcom's mobile coverage website http://maps.ofcom.org.uk/check-coverage to see whether you get good coverage on EE's network in the locations you spend time in. If you get 4G coverage then it will probably be sufficient for you needs (actually that's probably true for 3G too).

jon
Grafter

Thanks I'd not seen https://opensignal.com/ before. I wonder how it compares to offcom's site, as Ofcom use simulations opensignal.com probably gives more reliable results