cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE network coverage

Grafter

EE network coverage

Hi,I'm hoping that someone from PN support can assist please.  A few months back, I took out a new SIM only contract with PN, as did my wife - separate contracts. In advance of doing this I called PN to check network coverage (4G) at my home and work locations, and was told that it was in the range of "good to very good". This seems to be corroborated by the coverage checker on the PN site: "very good" in all categories for both locations. Unfortunately, from the outset, coverage both at home and work is patchy at best. Mobile data is virtually unusable at both locations, so I need to rely entirely on WiFi, which is not a problem at home, but is very average at work. Calls are equally problematic - we both regularly have missed calls, for which there is no missed call notification, and sometime later (hours) there may be a voicemail notification if a message has been left by the caller. In addition, seeing a "not registered on network" type message is not uncommon - for both of us. All very frustrating. Having switched from the O2 network, which was fairly poor in these respects, the PN EE network is actually worse. I assume that I'm locked in now, and that short of making all of my calls / data connections from outside of my house / work address, we're both stuck with this? 

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: EE network coverage

I assume that I'm locked in now

PN mobile is only a rolling 30 day contract

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi 430.

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated. 

I'm sorry to hear you're not receiving good signal in your area. When you sign up with us, we do advise that signal can be affected by a number of factors such as, the density of building materials, tree cover, weather conditions and how many people are using the network. 

The coverage checker that we use, is only an outdoor estimated check based upon your postcode area, is not specific to your household and does not take into account the above factors. 

We're not aware of any issues with the network however, if you pop over to https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice and input your postcode, this will indicate if there are any issues present or if there are any maintenance works taking place by the EE engineers. 

@MisterW is correct. Our SIM only contracts are 30 day rolling, which means that if you wish to cancel, you only have to give us 30 days notice of termination.

We certainly wouldn't want to see you go 430, but if you do wish to speak with our Cancellations Team, you can call them on 500 free from your SIM or 0800 079 1133.

I would like to try and help with this, so if you would like, I can take a look into your account and check for anything that may be affecting this. If so, can you please send me a Private Message with your account details, and I'll get that checked over.

- Rebeka 

harrow
Rising Star

Well it is time to jump ship.

Get on the web and order a free PAYG sim from the other networks,

try them out and see what is the best, check out the link below for who provides service for which operator,

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/piggybacking

PN, where did it all go wrong ?
enfranglais1066

Second that - get out as soon as you can - bunch of useless incompetents!!!!!!!!