cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE customer service says - Plusnet is slower than EE

nemo1966
Dabbler

EE customer service says - Plusnet is slower than EE

Moved 2 mobile accounts over from EE (mine and wifes) wife had to cancel her account, when she rang up the customer service operator ask who she was moving to - when she replied Plusnet the operator said "Oh that will be a lot slower then, as they piggy back on our system".

Is this true? The slower bit I mean.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: EE customer service says - Plusnet is slower than EE

I believe so, but also it doesn't seem to make much difference either.
I've had no speed complaints from the children or swmbo.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Is this true? The slower bit I mean.

Assuming we ignore 5g, then where you have 4g coverage, no. The proviso is that PlusNet do not have access to all the 4g bands that EE use. In particular they can not use the 800Mhz band that EE can. So if you're in an area not covered by the other 4g bands then it will have an effect.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

As well as not having access to the major new expanding EE band,

Plusnet doesn't have access to the ee 'double' (upto 60M) and 'Max' (upto 90M in certain areas) 4g speed does it?

Plusnet 'just has the upto 30M

BUT - Its not speed - The big issues I have seen has been in simple lack of reliability of basic service and connection, something I never saw with EE or T-mob and don't see with o2 or ID.

- Calls just fail or don't come in. Signal there but no service. Drop-outs.  un-notified and un-acknowledged outages etc etc -

Just unreliable.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with what RobC  says.

PlusNet is a cheap and cheerful service you get or don't get what you pay for

I cannot find 10GB 1000mins & U/L texts for £10 ( going up to 5% to £10.50 ) which includes Tethering/Hotspot anywhere else if someone does please let me know

The main problem is when there are problems there are no technical staff you can speak to.

I have been told the technical department is located in France hence the delays it seems the first thing they do is to send out a new sim.

If you have problems with EE or 3 you can call into a shop obtain a new sim and get technical help there and then

I know this because my daughter had problems with an EE Osprey box and I had problems with a 3 sim all sorted very quickly in store

Brian A

pasture

That's news to me, I signed up to them on the basis they "use EE's network", I think this is false advertising if they only use a sub-section. I've had nothing but issues since signing up and sincerely regret ever leaving o2, I'm stuck with this POS contract for a year!

nemo1966
Dabbler

Same here actually... I feel a little hoodwinked. My pop an email over to watchdog