cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE coverage in the New Forest

Winksetter12
Hooked

EE coverage in the New Forest

I doubt it will do any good but having a good moan might me feel better. 
I use my IPhone for Apple Carplay, Apple Pay and for walking directions etc etc. Yesterday I tried to use Appleplay in Ringwood, get onward directions while walking in the town and to get driving directions within the forest. Things started badly and got worse as time went on. Now I get NO SERVICE all the time unless I go up a high beacon and stay there.

I would advise any prospective Plusnet  customer living in the Forest to forget it. That applies to BT or direct EE customers. Go to O2 instead.

This may be a problem about what EE / BT allow Plusnet to use on their nextwork   but……I would not try it.

11 REPLIES 11
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: EE coverage in the New Forest

That's why I use completely offline satnav software on my phone. There's never a problem getting a gps signal anywhere, including the middle of the New Forest.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Winksetter12 

I'm sorry to see you're having signal issues in the New Forest. What's coverage like if you put your full postcode into EE's checker Here? Using that you can also check for any known service problems that engineers may be working on. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Winksetter12
Hooked

Thanks for your interest. EE checker doesn't work, it will not accept my mobile number. Par for the course as far as I can see. Lots of reports on EE outages which go on for days and weeks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You don't need to type your mobile number into the EE checker, you'd just use your postcode as per my previous response.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Winksetter12
Hooked

Doesnt work for me on any device

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Really odd because that’s all I’d be doing. I’d just type in a postcode and click the check status button. What’s the postcode? Feel free to private message me.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the private message @Winksetter12 

Using the above coverage tool armed only with the postcode you've given me.

As per below I've typed in the postcode and chosen a random phone make & model.

EE checker 1.PNG

After clicking on the check status button, I get the following which advises there are no known issues in the area.

EE checker 2.PNG

To report the problem online through the checker, I believe you have to be an EE customer so that won't work for you. 

I've gone through the same steps above^ but clicking on the check coverage button next, and there's no 3G coverage, but there should be great 4G for data and good 2G for calls/texts. 

Is it just New Forest you have issues at or other areas too? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Winksetter12
Hooked

Thanks for your interest. I have never had any coverage issues anywhere in the country while using EE Plusnet. All I can say about their service status is that contrary to the results I have had NO service of any kind since being here except sat on top of a hill!. So all is working to their satisfaction eh! I’m happy for them, glad they are happy. Meantime I can make noncalls, txts, imsg etc etc.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Winksetter12  PN do not have the full use of the EE network frequencies so not sure why the coverage checker is being quoted.

That said, phone performance also needs consideration. Expection to be able to use those apps in remote locations is not realistic.

Winksetter12
Hooked

Certainly agree but expect to get calls, text and imsgs more or less anywhere let alone Ringwood which is hardly remote. God  help us if EE think it is. The iPhone may not be new but never had an issue anywhere else.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Winksetter12 

I understand you're having issues with us you didn't have problems before you moved across, however apart from being sat on top of a hill, do you have issues anywhere else other than New Forest?

As far as I'm aware the only frequency on EE's network we don't have access to is one that works well indoors. Based on what you've said, you're outdoors? Also we don't support VoLTE (calling/texting over 4G) on our network, but that shouldn't matter because the area has good 2G signal for that and 4G can be used for the internet. 

If you allow me to help, I'm trying to figure out whether there's a provisioning issue or a fault we can investigate. 

Finally who were you with previously before you moved across to us? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet