cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE contract ending soon

norush
Grafter

EE contract ending soon

Hi, my EE contract ends on the 7th July and as my broadband provider is Plusnet I'll be taking a sim only deal. I will shortly be giving EE 30 days notice and was hoping some kind person would talk me through the changeover and porting my number etc. TIA

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: EE contract ending soon

The porting procedure is described (in all its gory detail) here https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/guides/porting-your-mobile-phone-number/

Once ordered, PlusNet SIM's take a day or two to arrive (possibly longer in the current situation) so I would suggest not giving PN your PAC code until you've actually got the SIM and its active, but bear in mind that they expire after 30 days so you need to think about when to request it from EE.

Two things to be aware of with the PN mobile service:-

1) they dont have access to the 800Mhz (Band 20) 4g frequency , but do have access to the other 4g frequencies so you need to check the PN coverage against the EE one.

2) SMS messages to short codes (5 digit numbers) are not supported (other than the Text to PAC ones)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

norush
Grafter

That's just the sort of information I was looking for, thank you Mister W. I'll have a look at the gory details in that link!

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Do be aware however that the coverage and services provided by Plusnet are different to EE, even though Plusnet use the EE network - e.g. not all EE frequencies are available to Plusnet customers which can affect coverage, and SMS short-codes aren't available which can affect things such as internet banking etc.

Edit - actually those points were already mentioned above. Sorry for the unnecessary reply!

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

@MisterW wrote:

Two things to be aware of with the PN mobile service:-

1) they dont have access to the 800Mhz (Band 20) 4g frequency , but do have access to the other 4g frequencies so you need to check the PN coverage against the EE one.

2) SMS messages to short codes (5 digit numbers) are not supported (other than the Text to PAC ones)

No WiFi Calling or VoLTE either

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Good point, forgot about those

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

norush
Grafter

Thanks for all the advice, have decided to give PN mobile a miss!