Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Signal Boooster box And Plusnet Mobile

Goose0211
Hooked

EE Signal Boooster box And Plusnet Mobile

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the EE signal box works with Plusnet mobile?

I have little to no signal indoors with EE and want to know if the signal box will boost the Plusnet signal is it does currently with EE.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EE Signal Boooster box And Plusnet Mobile

Hi @Goose0211

Thanks for getting in touch. Although we use EE's network, we're still a separate entity and provider. You can certainly try our Plusnet SIM card within an EE Booster Box, however; there's no guarantee this will work I'm afraid.

I'm sorry about that! If there's anything we can do in the mean-time; please don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be happy to help. -Ashleigh

Goose0211
Hooked

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply, the box doesn't take a SIM card it just connects to the wifi and provides EE signal usuing the internet.

As Plusnet use EE I wondered if it would therefore boost the Plusnet signal?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Femto cells use your internet connection to route your call to another transmitter so, in theory, should work, but I wouldn't hold my breath to be honest. But if it does work please post back as I would need to do the same where I am, and having the ability to use mobile would be useful.

Adamtemp
Grafter

The help info here suggests only ee not mvno http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/checking-and-improving-your-network-coverage/signal...

I know the o2 boostbox only allows o2 numbers and not tescos etc

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 80/20 fttc
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Goose0211
Hooked

I can confirm it does work - well for me anyhow,

Got my new plusnet sim and suddenly full signal - call quality great, Turn off the signal box and the signal drops right down so its a thumbs up - now to get my PAC code from EE!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

now to get my PAC code from EE!

be careful, it MAY well only work because you still have an EE account for your EE Sim. The box makes a VPN connection to the EE servers and once your EE account is no more I suspect it might fail to connect!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Goose0211
Hooked

Ok thanks for that...my wife has EE still so presumably it'll carry on working?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It depends which account the box is linked to ? I must admit I thought you had to specify which phones could use the box but given that the PN sim seems to work , maybe you don't...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Goose0211
Hooked

you have to with the vodafone box - not with the EE box

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks, didn't realise they were that different.

NigelHooper

@Goose0211 does your ee signal box still work on plusnet? And where did you buy it from eg an ee shop or ee bay? TIA