cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Mobile Phone

denwyn
Rising Star

EE Mobile Phone

Signed up yesterday for Plusnet Mobile deal for existing broadband users,and waiting for my sim to arrive. At present my phone is a Nexus 5 unlocked, and used on Tesco mobile, i plan to change it ASAP, mainly as its not very reliable. Will the new Plusnet sim card work in a mobile locked to EE, as i have been offered a really nice used mobile but its locked to EE.

26 REPLIES 26
RJM
Rising Star

Re: EE Mobile Phone

Should do in theory as Plusnet are using EE.

I should give them a quick ring to confirm.

denwyn
Rising Star

Have you tried ringing them lately, absolutely hopeless,endless waiting in queues. Plus I'm now reading some negative views on Plusnet mobile....Which is giving me some cause for concern. I may just let it roll for a month and cancel it, and get new phone and contract elsewhere. Can't be any worse than Tesco signal I hope.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

We do advise anyone with an EE handset to get it unlocked as we can't guarantee the plusnet mobile SIM will work in the device. We do use the EE network, however operate as a separate entity. Hope this helps. Smiley 

denwyn
Rising Star

Thanks for that, I won't risk buying the phone now, I'll stick with my old Nexus which is unlocked. Sort of sorry I jumped in to this now. I am not sure if there is a 14 day cooling off period with this, since I only signed up yesterday evening ( 01.12 ) May try and see if I can cancel it tomorrow morning. If I can't I'll give notice to quit as the 30 day period.

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

ISTR that there's an automatic 14-day cooling off period for anything bought on-line or over the phone but you'd be liable for any usage.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
denwyn
Rising Star

Just seen that in terms and conditions, as I've not received SIM card I'll try and phone them tomorrow to cancel it. 

denwyn
Rising Star

Well I've given up calling Plusnet, no patience endless wait in queue. Sim card arrived this morning so decided to bite bullet and give it a try. Got a number to call to activate card. 0800 079 1133..SURPRISE SURPRISE it's another f£+&*!g queue Don't they want to keep customers. Alternative is to wait two working days and the will activate it, so that's 4 days counting weekend, what's the matter with them. I will end up having to pay another month on my present Tesco contract now, to enable me to transfer my number, have PAC code ready. I'll give this a go for a month, but the way there running things doesn't bode well for many happy customers. So annoying as there fibre broadband is brilliant. Thus is not the way to keep customers.
fixerman
Dabbler

Your experience is indeed very poor. I cannot understand why your experience is so different to mine. My whole experience of ordering, activating and this morning porting my old number to my new sim has been flawless. The several calls to Plusnet were all answered within two minutes. The UK based advisors were polite, efficient and dealt with my questions in a  prompt manner. Have you tried calling from your mobile phone. The direct number is 500.

denwyn
Rising Star

How can I call them for free on my mobile, they still haven't activated the card, from what it says on the web page it takes two working days, so as I received my on Saturday, I take it that will not be till Wednesday now.  Bitterly regretting taking up this offer, there Fibre has always been trouble free, and yes in most cases when you do manage to get through on the phone there ok. I have tried a few times to call the mobile section, just haven't the time or patience to be kept in long queues. I have my PAC code ready from Tesco, if I don't get anything from Plusnet tomorrow I have a Giff Gaff sim which I will sort out, and cancel my Plusnet Sim under 14 day cooling off period. 

HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

"..... from what it says on the web page it takes two working days, ....."

UP TO two working days ............ mine was activated within 24 hours

"..... tried a few times to call the mobile section, just haven't the time or patience to be kept in long queues ..."

Either you've been unlucky or I've been lucky ... on both occasions that I've called in the past week, I've been speaking to a very helpful person within a minute of dialling.

bales1983
Grafter

The whole two day wait thing was inherited from Life Mobile as I recall it when i joined them originally. Im assuming the Life business has literally been bolted on warts and all to get things rolling with tweaks and integration to follow later. Ill bet the customer service team is a little snowed under at the moment with tariff and sim card changes as there appears to be no way to self service this process online in the account screen as of yet anyway.

Personally my plusnet sim came today to replace my Life sim, I waited on Live chat for an adviser for around 4 minutes and the whole process of changing tariff and sim card was sorted in under 10 minutes total. Just waiting for the sim to activate at midnight im advised Smiley

denwyn
Rising Star

You must have magic touch to get through so quick,no such luck for me. My other half has decided she will not be going to Plusnet Mobile now. I did try live chat as well, not much luck with that. Going cancel it tomorrow, lost faith in it now. Won't go back to Tesco, customer service ok but signal not brilliant in some areas. Looking in at Carphone Warehouse tomorrow, or may just switch to Giff Gaff. I realise Plusnet will have teething problems with there venture into mobiles, not prepared to be messed about though.

bales1983
Grafter

Thats understandable, bear in mind giffgaff also use the same network as tesco mobile (o2) so may not solve the signal problems. Personally i only really get good EE signal in my area so tend to stick with them or other networks that use their signal such as Virgin or Asda Mobile Smiley

denwyn
Rising Star

That's interesting, and very hepful. I had it in my mind Gift Gaff was on Vodaphone. if as you say there 02 I won't touch them. Vodaohone very good signal, but from friends experience with them customer service awful. Maybe look at EE. Am I right in thinking Talk mobile are Vodaphone, I know they don't do 4g but that doesn't bother me.