cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY APP

jmdnnlln

EBAY APP

Dont know if this has been mentioned before but when speaking to a customer service chap he mentioned I was close to my data allowance limit. After checking where the usage was it turned out to be the EBAY app sucking the life out of my data to the tune of 2GB, I promptly deleted the app. So be aware especially if you have a low data allowance.

3 REPLIES 3
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: EBAY APP

I have it on my phone, and don't suffer excessive downloads, I have a 200Mb limit sim in my phone and would soon know if it was eating data.
Did you have it enabled to do things? I turn off all the extras on most apps as I don't want them.
jmdnnlln

Hi, well i've done nothing different except change to Plusnet. Trust me I was SHOCKED when I saw the useage and so promptly deleted the offending app. It's always a possibility I 'may' have left something downloading on the app but who knows, 2GB is a lot of data...

Thanks for the reply!

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

It seems strange that it suddenly started doing it on PN only. But if you have deleted it and it no longer uses excess data than maybe it was it on your phone/pn connection (I am NOT on PN/EE)