cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Calls

jerry999

Dropped Calls

Hi,

My phone signal is constantly dropping whilst downstairs in the house. I checked yesterday with PN and there are no specific mast or reported problems. Coverage checker shows it should be good. I've done the Aeroplane mode off and on, restarted phone, etc to no avail.

I've also created another APN with Plusnet suggested settings after googling and this makes no difference. Tried in different handsets and it's the same.

Please can Plusnet advise what next? Should you be sending me another sim as the next troubleshooting step?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
japitts
Rising Star

Re: Dropped Calls

@jerry999 wrote:

Hi,

My phone signal is constantly dropping whilst downstairs in the house. I checked yesterday with PN and there are no specific mast or reported problems. Coverage checker shows it should be good. I've done the Aeroplane mode off and on, restarted phone, etc to no avail.

You are using the PlusNet coverage checker and not the EE one? https://www.plus.net/mobile/coverage-checker 

jerry999

I am yes, I'm aware that EE has better coverage due to the additional mast that PN can't use.
2g and 3g show as v good, 4g good.

However, I rarely get above the bottom corner of the phone signal triangle, even upstairs
jerry999

Can someone from Plusnet please respond, it's been two weeks, not impressed.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @jerry999, thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry to read you're having some trouble with the signal in your property and I apologise for the frustration caused. 

Do you have any trouble with your signal outdoors or is in simply indoors? Have you tried your sim card in another device at all? If not please do give that a go, should the issue be resolved you'll need to look at getting another device. If not please pop me a PM with the following information: 

- Your full name and confirmation you are the account holder

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number 

- Your date of birth 

- The last two digits of your sort code and account number used to make payments monthly 

Once we've passed our data protection checks we look over the account should there be anything a miss. 

Thanks.