cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does being Deaf mean I cannot talk to anyone at PlusNet?

mrrpage
Dabbler

Re: Does being Deaf mean I cannot talk to anyone at PlusNet?

They say actions speak louder than words!

2020-09-12_10-11-13.png

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Sorry to hear of your condition @mrrpage 

These forums, when the software was half decent. Back in the days of PHP2, PHP3 then SMF and now wonderful Lithium (which has more bugs than an ants nest). The dates have resetted, so I think back in the good old days, I may have been around since 2002 I think.

Only ever used support twice, and the one more recently (November last year), was brilliant.

Scrapping live chat was a bad idea. Knowing business someone on a high salary decided to do it to save costs. Well you can't be a manager and do nothing. You can't be in charge and justify your job. Seen it before. Sorry - digressing.

Hopefully someone will pick up on this thread and you can speak to them, and keep any personal information to them on PM's.

In summary, I appreciate the difficulty you're going through, but give them a chance. We're all here too to help where we can.

mrrpage
Dabbler

Thank you @Alex much appreciate you taking the time to reply!

I've been around from a time when... I'm not sure I would call the, Good Old Times, in regard to broadband, or dial up as it was then, but I do think it has moved on beyond all recognition! There really shouldn't be any reason that anyone can't contact a service that is being paid for.

I think that if a company removes a method of letting you contact them, then the reason is they do not want to hear from you!

Text, email and of course chat is great, simple and ubiquitous in today's world.

Plusnet started 97, became PLC 2007 and then sold off to BT. So, I would think they have had a good chance to get the simple things right.

For the people that are here, trying to help, I thank them greatly!

Little things matter... Having Chat still on there website, but not available, what is that about? Even login, on mobile site, ask for username or number, but username does not work, so why is it still there? These are simple things, that any technichian could fix quickly!

I get frustrated that we keep hearing the same thing over and over, 'Give us a chance, we are trying!' while all the time everyone knows they just want the money for doing as little as possible!

I'll stop now... I do have a tendency to go on a bit! I think it's because I don't get that many people to chat to.. 😁

Please stay safe and keep well!

Eggs
Rising Star

Well I have still heard nothing.

Raised a ticket and said they could arrange a telephone call.

... oh the irony.

Does anyone at Plusnet actually know what they are doing?

Eggs
Rising Star

Thankyou Mads.

I have PMed you.

Fingers crossed you may be able to prise some blood from of the Plusnet stone.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello@Eggs,

I have responded to your PM and your case handler will be back in touch after the weekend when they are back in the office.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Eggs
Rising Star

Looks like it is now being sorted out.

But with all due respect, should it really be down to you - monitoring community boards - to get things done?

And - if I may digress somewhat - this issue is not just isolated to Plusnet. I - and I dare say most people - are now constantly chasing up others and organisations. All we want is the service we pay for. All we want is those who get paid to do their jobs.

Now more than ever before - this just does not happen.

Eggs
Rising Star

My issue has now been resolved and they have given me a free month as compensation..

I too am dismayed at their amateur website. Dead links. Hidden links. Suggestion I need to sign in all the time.

Link to a discontinued webchat service (is that false advertising?).

Won't accept a user name in the mobile log in.

Alert I haven't updated my communication preferences when I have.

Inability to actually have a sensible and coherent conversation with anyone.

60 minute waiting times on the telephone - if you are able to use one - to be given the run around and then cut off.

Quite frankly - customer service is terrible.

My guess is senior executives have stripped the workforce and services bare to finance their huge bonuses - but what do I know? I just work fo a living.