cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Plusnet utilise EE's dual band 4G infrastructure/network to provide faster 4G speed(as EE does)

sq5705

Does Plusnet utilise EE's dual band 4G infrastructure/network to provide faster 4G speed(as EE does)

Hi

I phoned EE today to discuss getting a SIM for a spare phone.

EE quoted a price that was not very competitive and included a 12 month minimum contract.

When I pointed out that it would be cheaper for me to get a SIM only monthly rolling contract from PlusNet (that to my knowledge uses EE's infrastructure and network), the EE agent was quick to say that he didn't think PlusNet would access EE's Dual Band 4G network which I'm led to believe can combine to get faster than normal 4G speeds.

I asked PlusNet's message support that were unable to answer the question.

Does anyone know if PlusNet utilise this feature of EE's infrastructure/network and if anywhere in PlusNet's T&C's or docs it addresses what they provide.

Thanks in advance

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Does Plusnet utilise EE's dual band 4G infrastructure/network to provide faster 4G speed(as EE d

Plusnet mobile support staff have posted on many occasions that Plusnet Mobile do not have access to all the frequencies that EE use. 

Plusnet Mobile is a cut down version and has many other short comings (like no short code support, no WiFi calling, dodgy voicemail just to name 3).

So I would research very carefully if you want to move away from EE.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
spdrake
Hooked

Re: Does Plusnet utilise EE's dual band 4G infrastructure/network to provide faster 4G speed(as EE d

I moved to Plusnet thinking I'd get a good signal at work where the EE signal is good. Unfortunately I don't get any signal indoors and only just get one outside even with an EE mast just around the corner.

Maybe Plusnet should stop boasting about using the EE network if it's not the full service.