cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Plusnet customers get full EE coverage?

Johnny2R
Hooked

Do Plusnet customers get full EE coverage?

Simple question...I've just moved to Plusnet (from Vodafone), partly because of better EE coverage where I live. But my wife, who has an EE contract, often seems to get much better signal on her phone than I do on mine, which makes me wonder whether we're not getting the 'full' EE coverage, for whatever reason? I was in Bristol last weekend and couldn't get 3G or 4G anywhere. It could just be to do with a problem with my phone, though - I've had to switch back to an older phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) after my main one died. 

6 REPLIES 6
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Do Plusnet customers get full EE coverage?

Hi Johnny2R,

Plusnet have access  to the majority of the EE networks.

PN have access EE's 2G, 3G and the "high frequency" 4G signals.

EE have three 4G frequency bands: 800 MHz,  1.8 GHz and 2.6 GHz.

PN do not have access to the 800 MHZ signals. These can give the best coverage especially inside buildings.

Regards

Richard

Johnny2R
Hooked

Thanks, that's useful to know. I'll have to find out a bit more about the 800MHz question. It sounds like coverage outdoors in remote rural areas should be similar, though.

KeanosMagicHat
Hooked

It’d be great if Plusnet could make it clearer (especially for those transferring from EE) that there’s no 800MHz coverage.

I live in a house built in the 1800’s with solid walls, so no 800 MHz combined with an absence of WiFi Calling means I’m only just hanging in there for voice calls (so far).
Johnny2R
Hooked

I agree. I saw no mention of this fact anywhere in the advertising for Plusnet or when signing up, and had I known it was kind of EE-lite instead of the full EE network service, I wouldn't have gone for it. My wife has an EE contract and she gets much better signal in our house than I do with my Plusnet phone (and it isn't to do with my phone, as I first thought, because I have since got a new phone). I see that the restriction doesn't apply to all MVNOs - BT Mobile has the 800Mhz frequency. Maybe Plusnet will get it soon, too. If not, I'll probably switch to EE or BT Mobile.

Gruner
Hooked

Plusnet also don't tell you not to expect a full spec EE voicemail set up. Depending upon your phone you might not get notifications or symbols at the top of your phone indicating you have a message but have to dial 555 every half hour or so to check. Unbelievable but true, all is not lost however they've been investigating it for months. Move the selector switch please Plusnet from EE Value Voicemail to EE Fully Featured Voicemail
szaman81
Grafter

I was reading about this information many months ago elsewhere but can't remember exactly where. Last week I called EE and they offered me a very good sim only deal for my wife as she is with Plusnet Mobile. EE managed to closely match the deal with Plusnet but not exactly which really does not make a difference to her. So, I have decided to move my wife from Plusnet to EE for a full EE network coverage which is a job well done.