cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissapointed

FIXED
Dabbler

Dissapointed

I'm new too plus net , I'm sorry too start of my time here with a moan, but its how I feel ,I'm just leaving one rubbish customer service with my last provider ,I'm hoping my experience is not going to be the same here with plus net.i joined plus net on the 4th january, received my sim on the 5th brilliant , I gave my pac code too the advisor on the 4th jan on the phone when I set up my new account . I know from information from my last provider that they started the porting process on the 4th of jan.i know that we had the weekend too contend with  , but its now the 9th January and 2 texts later saying plus net has problems porting my number . reading other threads on the forum I'm not hopefull of getting my number anytime soon ,, some have waited 2-3 weeks before getting their number ported . the Ofcom standard is 2 days ,plus net say the same, so whats happening with the porting problems?? doesn't inspire new customer confidence , despite all the fancy tv ads for plus net. sorry for the winge ,but I am really dissapionted. also the web site  doesn't load properly and flags up a banner which says log in time out ?you took too long too log in ,whats this about . anyways I live in hope of getting my number soon please.

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Dissapointed

Sorry to hear the start to your time with us hasn't been an ideal one, 90505826.

Ports can run into a number of issues, as porting requires correspondence between different departments and networks. The most common problem that comes up is when the porting files provided by your previous provider run into some issues – either they are incomplete, or corrupt, or brought in incorrectly. This will have been flagged up to our team for investigation already, and they’ll be working flat-out to get your port fully completed as quickly as possible.

There's a good link that explains how porting works, and what can go wrong, as posted here to the forum by Colin_Maybe - it's a different network, but the process remains the same. It can be found here: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Porting-in-explained/ta-p/4221529

I'd like to act as a point of contact for you, though, to keep you updated with what's going on. If you could send me a Private Message with your name and address to get started it would be much appreciated Smiley We'll be sure to compensate you once the port is complete for the inconvenience, too.

Dabbler

Michael , many thanks for the offer of help,i have sent you a pm with what you asked for.and yes please keep in touch .paul.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Fix

Thanks, Paul. I'll reply to your PM now Smiley

Dabbler

an update for all,, my number has now been ported across and is active and working,, many thanks too all the plusnet team who worked on this messy problem for me. have a great day all.