Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit date very early

FIXED
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Direct Debit date very early

Hi. My Plusnet mobile account started on 6 December but the direct debit for the next month is scheduled for 21 December (according to the My Account webpage). This over 2 weeks early. Is this right?

4 REPLIES 4
custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Direct Debit date very early

Mine is the same. Contract started on December 5 and payment date is December 20.

Mav
Fixes: 514

If you log in to your account and click on Account you should be able to change the Direct Debit date. I have noticed that not all dates are available... for me, anyway.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Fix

Hi cjags,

Your account start date is your bundle refresh date, the day after this is the billing date. This stays the same every month and your Direct Debit payment date is always two weeks after your billing date. However, if your a new customer and paid your upfront payment, you won't make a payment until approx 6 weeks after your account start date.

So for example, if your account started on the 1st your bill would produce on the 2nd and two weeks from this date is your payment date. The bundle refresh and billing date will always stay the same and cannot be changed but your payment date will be on or around 2 weeks after the billing date unless you wish to change the Direct Debit payment date.  

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Many thanks for the information.  I was expecting the direct debit date to be a few days before the start of the next period (like with broadband) but you take it 2 weeks in arrears (which is pretty generous).