cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Shambles

DP

Delivery Shambles

I upgraded to a new handset on 5th December and it arrived at my work address as requested on 6th December. Unfortunately when switched on the phone could not register to the PlusNet network so it was decided that a new handset would be sent out to replace it. As I was at work I requested that it was sent to my work address. On Friday 8th I got a message from DPD saying my delivery had been refused because no one was in to take the delivery, after phoning them it turned out the phone had been delivered to my home address in error.

I booked the following Monday off work so I could take delivery of the parcel but this was understandably cancelled due to the snow. I then took Wednesday off work as it was suggested the delays would only be 24 hours. I waited in all day Wednesday only at 6pm for the DPD tracker to be updated with a statement saying there are 24 hour delays in the area due to snow (by this time all the snow had melted). I tried to change to delivery address to my work address as I'd originally asked, however DPD could not do this and asked me to contact PlusNet. I did this and was informed that because the parcel was already at the depot you couldn't change the delivery address and to ask DPD to do so. I did this again and I've been told to ask PlusNet to change it, which had meant I've just been going round in customer service circles for the last week.

It's now due to be delivered to my home address this Friday over a fortnight after it was supposed to arrive. I'm not one to whinge about customer service problems as there are much bigger problems in the world and this is just an irritating triviality, but it has been a bit of a shambles. Hopefully the handset turns up on Friday and I can register with the PlusNet network this time, otherwise i'll be looking to switch provider.

7 REPLIES 7
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Delivery Shambles

Hi DP,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated.

I completely understand the inconvenience surrounding the delays to your recent upgrade; we do use the courier service DPD and unfortunately, factors outside of our control such as weather conditions, can affect the estimated timescale of delivery. 

When we submit an upgrade order on the system, the information of the delivery is then automatically sent across to DPD along with the handset. Once DPD receive this, any information such as delivery address, cannot be amended via our systems (Plusnet). At this stage, any amendments to the details or additional information, does need to be queried with DPD directly. 

I'm sorry to hear that you had to contact ourselves and DPD repeatedly, I can assure you that once the upgrade has been sent across to the couriers (you'll receive confirmation of this), any information that needs to be altered, would need to be processed with the delivery service themselves. 

I do hope your handset arrives sharpish DP and if you have any further questions regarding this, don't hesitate to drop us a message. 

- Rebeka 

DP

His Rebeka

Thanks for coming back to me. I have shared your message with DPD and they've sent me this;

Hello Dave,

I apologise for the late reply to your email, having looked into this matter on your behalf, I can see that this your sending company have recalled your parcel, If you contact them they will be able to re-arrange delivery for you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards
Sara
DPD Customer services

Further to this I've just been phoned by DPD to confirm the item is being sent back to you because when they tried to contact you to ask for further information no one got back to them. I did reschedule delivery for this Friday but evidently this won't happen now. Between plusnet and DPD this has been a monumental shambles. I'd appreciate it if you could liaise with DPD directly because you need to reorganisae the delivery and ensure this saga comes to an acceptable conclusion.

Thanks

Thanks
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for getting back in touch with us and letting us know. 

I would be more than happy to take a look into this for you however, I don't have any direct contact with DPD or handset upgrades, so I would advise to contact the relevant Team (Sales). They're in the office from 9am until 8pm today and can be contacted by calling 500 free from your SIM, or 0800 079 1133. 

- Rebeka 

DP

Hi Rebeka

I've been in touch with the sales team and they've advised me that I need to speak to DPD again. I'm just going round in circles here as neither PlusNet nor DPD want to take responsibility for this and just advise me to speak to the other. At no point have PlusNet said they'll pick up the phone and speak to DPD directly to get this situation resolved so I'm left speaking to a customer services team at DPD who have been about as much use as a chocolate teapot. It's like some sort of elaborate practical joke that's being played out to while away the days before Christmas.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you could send me a PM with your details, I'll take a look into your account and see if we can shed some light on this.

- Rebeka 

DP

DPD said they would reschedule my delivery for today. It was first scheduled to be delivered on 22nd one week ago on 15th. So I've been expecting this delivery for a week. I waited in at home all day but nothing arrived. I emailed DPD and they say it's been delayed due to a backlog! This is the third day I've wasted waiting for this delivery. I think you need to seriously consider the logistics company you use because they're completely incompetent. I've now got to change my plans for Xmas to spend another day waiting in the house.
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DP,

I'm sorry to hear your handset delivery has been rescheduled. The initial order is organised between ourselves and the courier, however any amendments to the delivery process i.e timescales, delivery address etc... after this, are at the customers and couriers discretion (DPD). If the handset is returned back to us and we've received confirmation of this, we'll then be able to re-arrange for another delivery with DPD from our end. 

I can see that you have sent me a PM regarding this, rest assured, I'll be sure to pick this up and respond shortly. 

- Rebeka