cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed voicemail notifications

Toneloc0_0

Delayed voicemail notifications

Hello all,

Is there anyone out there that is experiencing delays in receiving voicemail notification messages?

It takes about 24-36 hours to receive notifications about voicemail messages.

I have an iPhone 7 plus unlocked handset on Plusnet

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Delayed voicemail notifications

Hi Toneloc0_0,

As an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and not an MNO (Mobile Network Operator), we don't provide certain features such as Voicemail notifications that other big branded networks support. 

It has been found that some handsets receive notifications and other don't, or handsets can receive notifications intermittently or delayed. If this happens, we do advise that this in relation to the handset settings specifically.

- Rebeka 

Toneloc0_0

Hi Rebeka,

Thanks for your reply.

Am I right in thinking that Plusnet don't provide voicemail notifications? I do get them, but they are late, i.e. 24-36 hours after the voicemail was left, so in short, Plusnet don't provide voicemail notifications, and the notifications I do receive are not from Plusnet and the reason they're late is due to the 'settings' on my phone which are non existent as the text message and red dot in the green phone call app appear after receiving a network notification.

I am lost on this one, is there no-one that can advise/help me on this forum?

Thanks

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Toneloc0_0,

We cannot guarantee that Voicemail notifications will work. If they do and there are any issues with the notifications, such as delays, then we cannot offer any support for this. 

It depends on the handset and it's settings. 

There has been a discussion regarding Voicemail notifications within another thread here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Samsung-s8-has-not-voicemail-notification/td-p/1482935, if you would like to take a look. Smiley

I've also previously sent this query over to our Operations Team for further clarification. We can take examples to investigate this however, I'm unable to advise in advance of what the outcome will be, or if there will be any changes implemented.

The three examples need to consist of the following and need to include your mobile number linked to the account and/or account number:

• Make and model of the handset
  • Time and date the Voicemail was left
  • The number of the person leaving the Voicemail
  • The postcode in which you're in at that time
  • Any error message that occurs

PLEASE NOTE - It's important that these examples are 2 hours apart and within a 24 hour window. 

If you would like to obtain these examples for further investigation, please follow the above template and send these in by calling 500 free from the SIM, or 0800 079 1133.

- Rebeka 

abecrabt

I've had two instances of this.  A set of 6 or 7 messages were held up for a month.  Then today I got one that was a fortnight out of date.

I will note the info needed for next time.

It does seem slightly odd that a MVNO should be less reliable in this respect.

I never had a problem with Tescomobile either