cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed port of number from Plusnet Mobile to BT Mobile

ado

Delayed port of number from Plusnet Mobile to BT Mobile

Hi

I am trying leave PlusNet and port my number to BT Mobile. It was supposed to happen on Tuesday (21st) but it hasn't happened yet.  BT have been reasonably helpful but they are blaming PlusNet for not providing them with a "file" of numbers so they can action the porting request. Apparently they have emailed PlusNet several times.

So, PlusNet are you deliberately preventing my number of being ported to BT or are you just incompetent?

Whose responsibility is this? The document below appears to indicate that a delay of more than one day should result in reasonable compensation but doesn't say which provider is responsible. 

http://www.mnposg.org.uk/Main_Documents/consolidated_GC18_28_5_15.pdf

"Where Communications Providers delay the porting of a Telephone Number for more than one business day or where there is an abuse of porting by them or on their behalf, they shall provide reasonable compensation as soon as is reasonably practicable to the Subscriber for such delay and/or abuse."

PS. both your Customer Service and mobile portal were way better when you were Life Mobile.

Thanks,
Adrian

4 REPLIES 4
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Delayed port of number from Plusnet Mobile to BT Mobile

Considering Plusnet are owned by BT, take your pick on who to blame.

ado

Thanks, I knew Plusnet were owned by BT.

So it appears my outgoing calls are on my old Plusnet number on my BT SIM, but my incoming calls/text to my Plusnet number are still going to my Plusnet SIM. And the internet allowance on both SIMs has been coming out of my BT Mobile allowance since Tuesday, when the transfer was supposed to happen.

"Well done" BT / Plusnet / EE !!  You also screwed up the transfer of my daughter's number from Plusnet to EE, so she hasn't been able receive any texts for 2 months.

szaman81
Grafter

Just ported number from Plusnet to Virgin without issues all went through smoothly at around 8 this morning

Request was made yesterday

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Off-topic post removed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still