cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed SMS messages

liamosullivan
Dabbler

Delayed SMS messages

Sorry Plusnet but I have had nothing but trouble with this network since moving from EE a few weeks back.

I have a previous topic open for not getting 4G in locations I used to on EE and now..

I'm getting SMS messages come through like 8/10/12 hour later. This has happened the past 3 days, I have reseated the sim and rebooted phone many times.

Really need answers now...

Liam

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Delayed SMS messages

Hi liamosullivan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with the service. I would advise to pop over to https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice and input your postcode to check for any potential network issues or maintenance works in your area.

With regards to 4G, this applies to data only and does not apply to calls and texts. Any call or text services sent and received through the network, will be via the 3G frequency band. 

I completely understand your frustration with regards to the delayed texts however, this could be due to either a network issue or routine maintenance, which you can check on the above link.

Signal can fluctuate and be affected by many different factors such as, the density of building materials, tree cover, weather conditions and how many people are using the network. Although we use the EE network, we are an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and therefore, a separate entity entirely. EE are an MNO (Mobile Network Operator) and use the 800Mhz frequency band whereas, Plusnet mobile use 1800Mhz. The 800Mhz band is more penetrable in regards to building materials, so you may find locations which differ in signal strength, quality etc...

- Rebeka 

liamosullivan
Dabbler

No issues in my area.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

This does sound like the general coverage and frequency band in your area liamosullivan, which I'm afraid, cannot be improved.

Having said this, i'd still like to rule out any potential issues with the SIM card. 

I can see that another member of staff have advised you to contact them in the following thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/H-data-connection/m-p/1541880, to get a replacement SIM sent out to you.

If you haven't already contacted a member of the Mobile Team, can you please send me a Private Message and I'll get that ordered for you. 

Alternatively, you can call our Customer Service Team on 500 free from the SIM and they'll get this processed.

- Rebeka