cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed SMS messages

steve00

Delayed SMS messages

I've been having some problems with delayed SMS messages.

The first time this happened, I was in the office, with good 4g reception, and did not receive the text message until I left the office a few hours later.

Today a couple of messages were sent when I was on the tube with no reception at 7:20.  I got off the tube in central London at 7:45. and only just received these 2 messages at 11:40.  Since getting off the tube at 7:45 I have had good 4g reception.

I am using a iPhone 6s.

5 REPLIES 5
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Delayed SMS messages

Hi steve00!

I am so sorry to hear you have been having some issues receiving SMS messages, this doesn't sound ideal at all and I can completely understand any frustrations felt!

I will be more than happy to have a look into your account to get to the bottom of this today, if you could please send me a PM so we can start the security process? 

Thanks,
Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
amp1985

Hi, I'm having similar issues with my SMS. Phone appears to be stuck "sending" SMS, and the person I'm sending the SMS to receives the same message multiple times. Also there is a massive delay (up to 24 hrs) in my receiving SMS, if I receive them at all. I know the phone isn't at fault as it works with a different SIM. Did you resolve your issue? Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi amp1985!

I am very sorry to hear this, it definitely seems odd that you are experiencing such large delays with receiving SMS and some issues sending them too! 

I would like to have a look into this so that I can get it resolved ASAP for you, as I can completely understand any frustrations felt.

If you could please send me a PM I will be able to start the security process and access your account Smiley

Thanks,
-Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
w1mny

Hi,

Other the last few weeks I've started having issues with delayed SMSes. Some taken about an hour to arrive ?

What can I check ?

Thanks

Neil

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi there @w1mny!

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your SMS messages, this is certainly very unusual to hear!

I'd love to get to the bottom of this for you, if you could send me a private message I'll be able to access your account.

From there we can have a detailed discussion about this Smiley

You can find the option to send me a private message on my profile!

Thank you

-Oli