cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in number porting

peegee28
Dabbler

Delay in number porting

Similar to https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Delay-in-number-porting/td-p/1395067

Asked for porting last Thursday (5th January), with sms being sent to confirm request.

It has now been a week and the number has not ported. Giffgaff disabled my phone on Friday 6th January and I have been WITHOUT a phone since then.

My understanding is that Ofcom requires 1 working day turnaround - and to make things worse, my whole family ported on the same day and have all been sorted out within the two day period.

Can somebody please help - i have been unable to do any banking or online tax filings without my number and it's causing a huge concern.

14 REPLIES 14
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Delay in number porting

Hi peegee28,

I'm really sorry to hear you've experienced a delay with your port-in. If you can send me a private message, I can look into this further for you and help in anyway I can.

- Rebeka 

jimbob81
Grafter

Whenever I've ported a number in the past, at some point during the day the number is supposed to be ported the old number will stop working and then after a short while the new sim will switch to the correct number. So surely once the old sim stops working the port should be finished in minutes not days.

I also was with giffgaff, my old sim stopped working in the very early hours today, and now hours later the plusnet sim still hasn't switched to using my number.... should I expect to be waiting days before my number finishes porting too!?

rosieian

Sounds familiar .. I'm porting from GiffGaff and my old GG number stopped working early this morning (I think around 7 o'clock but may have been earlier) and as far as I know, I'm not yet ported over 

I used a free texting web page to ping my old number and it claims to have sent the text and also identifies the receiving network as  Orange (Everything Everywhere Limited) so I assume someone somewhere has flicked the appropriate switch .. just not flicked it hard enough !

peegee28
Dabbler

My family all moved over from Giffgaff so based on averages you should both be ok.

We all requested to be ported last Thursday. One was ported on Friday, another on Monday, and then there is me who is still waiting Sad

jimbob81
Grafter

We all requested to be ported last Thursday. One was ported on Friday, another on Monday, and then there is me who is still waiting Sad

When you say you're waiting, are you just waiting for the number port to start, or has your old giffgaff sim stopped working and you've been waiting days for the plusnet sim to get your number?

rosieian

All done now ... took a while but happy to report I can now receive text messages AND have data !

peegee28
Dabbler

Unfortunately the latter jimbo81 - old giffgaff sim not working and waiting days for PlusNet to port my number.

Hopefully yours goes smoothly and it's done by midnight tonight, unlike my situation which I pray will be fixed today!!!!

peegee28
Dabbler

Still no success with porting, and it has been a WHOLE WEEK without my phone number - this is VERY CRUEL and I can't believe I changed providers for endure this. Now in hindsight wish I had googled what's going on at PlusNet before moving over so eagerly Sad

Can somebody at PlusNet please fix this ASAP. I do not believe it it a hard ask to request you fix this urgently given the delay. I do appreciate your efforts to help Rebeka, but saying "I'm afraid we don't have a timescale on this and I don't want to give false expectations by saying it could be 2 hours when it could be anytime" doesn't help because it hasn't been 2 hours, we are talking about 7 days now. For all I know you are saying it could be next year?!

peegee28
Dabbler

Bump - any update please? still not ported ... it's going to be a fun weekend without my number still Sad

boff

plusnet mobile need to sort porting put asap, I need to keep in touch with my father,

He`s got heart problems , he won`t answer house phone only a mobile !!

Last time I phoned plusnet mobile, was told not there problem... contact virgin mobile to sort out.. er I don`t think so..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @boff

I'm sorry to hear about this delay with your port. If you're the account holder and you'd like me to investigate this for you please send me a Private Message, so we can pick things up from there. 

peegee28
Dabbler

Still waiting Sad

Feels like dealing with Vueling Airlines.

48hr manager call never happened either, for both myself and my husband.

What is going on?
peegee28
Dabbler

Still waiting

Two weeks and yet to be ported

My family and friends can't contact me. Can't do banking without sms codes. Clients think I have disappeared as phone number comes up as disconnected.

Anyone know how to help this along or what rights us defenceless consumers even have?

peegee28
Dabbler

Now officially 3 weeks with no success on porting .... ARGH! I hate this so much