cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in PORT

BoP

Delay in PORT

Having rather keenly signed up for a rolling monthly SIM only deal with PLUSNET through MSE I am rapidly becoming disillusioned. My PORT application went in on Saturday 17th March so should have been through by midnight Tuesday 20th. After contacting on Wednesday 21st got a message to say there was a delay. Now Friday 23rd and still no PORT. Another call to customer services yielded no useful information e.g. what is the problem, who can I contact about this etc. I am rapidly regretting this 'deal'. Has anyone else had this problem and what was the outcome. This is causing me a lot of stress and I feel as if it is 'theft' of my mobile number as it is cancelled with my previous supplier. At least if they would tell me what the problem and proposed solution (and when) is it would help, but the last customer service person I spoke to hung up on me presumably because he couldn't help/answer my questions. Anyone else having similar problems or any ideas on what to do? Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Delay in PORT

Hi BoP,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us. 

I'm really sorry to hear about the delay with your port in. The port-in process takes up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday or up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm to complete; we don't process ports of a weekend. On rare occasions, a port can become 'stuck' during the transfer stage and if this happens, it is automatically raised with our Operations Team to investigate.

I completely understand your frustration with regards to no indication of a timescale as to when this will complete however, the Team will be liaising with your previous network provider to find the core root of the issue and implement a fix. During this investigation stage, we would not be able to advise of a timescale due to the complex nature of the port itself.

I can assure you that our Operations Team will be looking into this for you and as soon as this is resolved, you'll receive a text and email notification advising you of what to do next.

- Rebeka 

BoP

Re: Delay in PORT

Thank you for your reply. Remarkably my port in was completed yesterday evening, a matter of hours after I spoke to customer services and commented on here!