cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined sim card

Claire65

Declined sim card

Hi never done this before so I hope I make sense.

I just don't understand why PN didn't want me as a customer, I work full-time, have a small mortgage, lived in my home for over 22 years and do not owe anyone money.

Only wanted a £8.50 a month sim and was only going to use PN because someone said they are GOOD makes me wonder, seems I am not the only one having this problem and what is the funniest is they are very quick in taking the first month and then tell you, you have been declined best of all they send you a email telling you about the fact you have to wait days for a refund.

2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Declined sim card

Have you checked your own credit score?
Someone such as https://www.noddle.co.uk provide for free.
Once set up, look at the "Search History" tab, to see who's been checking you out recently.
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Declined sim card

Hi Claire65!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

When ordering, there are requirements to be eligible for a SIM only deal. For example, the credit/debit card used for the upfront payment does need to be in the account holders name and address, and 3 years address history does need to be provided - if the address history is less than 3 years, you can process your order over the phone with our Sales Team. 

We also perform a full credit check when applying for a SIM only contract with us.

I can assure you and as advised within the email you received, any upfront payments will be returned to you. The payment taken will more than likely be kept in what's called a 'holding account'. This is an account in between us and the bank and usually takes 5-10 working days to receive this back however, your bank is responsible for this account and I would advise to speak to them regarding accurate timescales as to when this payment will be returned to you.

I wouldn't be able to see the reason as to why this might have declined however, we certainly wouldn't want to lose you as a customer Claire65.

As we cannot see the reason for the initial decline, I must advise that If you would still like to sign up with us, we cannot guarantee that the order will process successfully. If you do decide to try again, I would advise to do this via telephone by calling our Sales Team on 0800 079 1133, and they'll be more than happy to look into this for you. 

- Rebeka