cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Debt' from closed account referred to collection agency

not_impressed

'Debt' from closed account referred to collection agency

I am trying to get to speak to you about an account I opened, but was never able to activate or use and which was subsequently closed after realising I was being charged for it despite never having used it at the end of last year. I spoke to a customer service advisor at the time and was told that the account balance was now 0 and the account was closed.
I then received a further letter from yourselves requesting payment for an 'overdue bill' so spoke again to customer services who told me my account had been re-opened in error by a different department, made notes on my account and closed it again and told me ignore any further communications from yourselves.

In the last few months I have received letters from two different debt collection agencies claiming I owe £100 (and adding further charges for referring it to a debt collection agency!) I have tried contacting Customer services (speaking to 3 different people in 3 different departments and spending over an hour waiting on the phone) who say my account doesn't exist on their system and were unable to point me to anyone who would be able to discuss this with me and have this morning explained the issue to the second debt collection agency (the first I explained it to said they would investigate and have referred it back to you I believe) who say they unable to do anything if I don't have written details of the account being closed. Please could you provide me with a phone number to speak someone whom I could speak to who does have information about my closed account and this supposed debt so that it can be resolved.

11 REPLIES 11
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: 'Debt' from closed account referred to collection agency

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

@not_impressed I've raised your post to the Community Management to attempt to get a timely resolution

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

I'm really sorry we seem to have got things so very wrong. If you'd like to private message me some information like your name, postcode and Plusnet username if you remember it I'd love to get someone to take a look.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your account details. My colleague Jono has passed them over to me.

I'm sorry to hear your account looks like it was reactivated and we subsequently sent a balance to a collections agency.

I've emailed our operations guys to investigate this further and I'll let you know when I receive a response back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
not_impressed

Thank you. I look forward to hearing back

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, will keep you updated

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@not_impressed wrote:

Thank you. I look forward to hearing back

Once this problem is cleared, you will need to ensure that there are no residual 'black marks' with the credit reference agencies which may affect other business you may transact. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

not_impressed

Was there any update from this? I understand that the collection company have returned the request to Plus Net, but I would be good to know that this has been finally resolved

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @not_impressed,

I have spoken with @Gandalf, who is chasing for an update. As soon as he hears back he will get back to you.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the delay in coming back here with an update.

I've received a reply from our Ops guys advising that the debt management team are investigating this.

I'll be sure to update you when we know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've received a reply from our Ops team, who have advised the debt has been recalled.

If you do receive any further communication from the collections agency, please do let me know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from My Account/Billng to Mobile.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still