Deafault SIM PIN

firebird1000
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Deafault SIM PIN

hi there my sim lock number was 1111 have now change it to ****  WinkSmiley

woodsmpw

I've just joined plusnet inserted the new sim and can confirm the default sim lock pin was (1111) I've now changed it to a new 4 digit pin to secure the sim card.

malcfw

Thanks, JamesMitchell - for information that was accurate - well, it worked for me. The default SIM PIN is 1111.

benbooafrica1

Thanks as well from me JamesMitchell &malcfw, after trying 0000 & 1234 was down to my last attempt but 1111 worked. You would think Plusnet would put the default Sim Pin in one of the many emails they send you once you buy a SIM card!?

woodbar

Yes I absolutely agree with that.

Just got my SIM - the folder it came in tells you zilch, zero, nada!

You would think they would welcome users having some security on their phones so why not publish the default PIN?  After all those users that want to set a PIN are hardly going to keep the default (I hope)!  Whereas those that don't care don't need to worry because the SIM arrives with the PIN lock turned off anyway.

I can confirm 1111 worked for me.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @woodbar

thanks for leaving us some feedback today! We'll certainly forward this suggestion on for you and see if we can get this implemented in the future. 

If you require any further assistance just drop myself or any of the other mobile staff a message and we'll be happy to help.