cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data working

colly05

Data working

Woke up this morning and my data is working anyone else's ?
18 REPLIES 18
adrens
Dabbler

Re: Data working

Yes, my wife's SIM is working this morning also. Had to reconnect to the network, airplane mode on/off as it didn't do it itself.

Did do a SIM replacement yesterday but guess if others didn't they fixed the network.
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Fingers crossed then this is the end of the mobile data problems 

Turner
Dabbler

Yay, mine too! And it's also picked up the 4G, so it appears all is fixed Smiley
DeeCee73
Dabbler

Not mine. Rebooted phone a couple of hours ago and after seeing this thread. Double checked APN settings and still not working.

vienly
Dabbler

Mine still isn't working, even after a reboot and checking APN settings too

CDavman
Hooked

I saw this morning that it had started working for some people, so I checked mine and it still wasn't working.  I rebooted, double checked the APN settings as per the Plusnet guidelines and it still didn't work.  I then clicked "Reset to default" in the APN settings screen which restored the half a dozen APNs that came preloaded on the SIM, and it immediately kicked into life.  I now have data too - albeit so far I've only seen H+, but that could just be where I am at the moment.

DeeCee73
Dabbler

I've tried resetting APN to defaults several times so far and still not a hint of data.

angie20
Dabbler

mine is BUT only on 3G????? just phoned cs and they said they switched off my mobile data last night to reboot and haven't switched it back on!!! How the hell am I getting 3G then? Now been told I have to wait 2 hours whilst it reboots and hopefully will get 4G. Such incompetence, social media is my outlet to have a moan!

Sporadic999
Dabbler

It is not working for me. Has someone told Plusnet that I was born in Lancashire? Wink   I was told this morning that the problem is still being looked into - the person did not seem to know it was working for some people. 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

We are aware of a data issue and it has been confirmed by The Network Support Team. A fix was put in place last night for all new customers. As for our existing customers, the team are currently working on getting this resolved and we should have further information later today.

If your account/SIM card is already active then you're an existing customer. Any new customers are customers that accounts/SIM cards are due to activate from midnight last night onwards. 

- Rebeka 

vienly
Dabbler

I don't understand, we are told only new customers from midnight last night were fixed, is everyone here who is working 'new' customers?

Sporadic999
Dabbler

I look forward to further information for existing customers later today. Where is the best place to look for that information, I am sure Plusnet will not want us all contacting you individually by phone/chat.

LiviHam

As an existing customer from mid-December, I can report that my mobile data now appears to be working OK.  I was travelling yesterday/today and saw that at some point yesterday it was able to sustain an LTE connection and has been OK since, through numerous locations.  Perhaps the only subtle difference to other customers is that I was due a response yesterday from operations, based in info. I provided 5 working days before, so my fix may be based on that rather than a general fix.  I have had no feedback from CS so not sure either way...

Happy to have a good connection though, and hopefully worth the wait... 

CDavman
Hooked

It's strange about this new customer/ existing customer business. I'm not sure it's as clear cut as has been mentioned.

My sim activated on Friday last week, and my number ported across on Monday night. So by that measure I'm an "existing customer". However, my data is fully working as of this morning, complete with a decent 4g connection.

The only other thing I can think of is that CS told me they were "resetting my data connection" from their end last night... Whether that made any difference alongside whatever the fix for new customers was.