cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data tethering not working on Ulefone

AJvan

Data tethering not working on Ulefone

Hi there,

I have a Ulefone Metal (Chinese, but better performance than many A-level phones), but I can't seem to get the tethering working with Plus Net.

Does anybody know of a fix for this, so I can use my tablet with the Plusnet data?

5 REPLIES 5
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Data tethering not working on Ulefone

Hi AJvan!

Thanks for getting in touch!

We do support data tethering however, this is handset dependant and only if the handset allows. I can't advise of the make and model specifically however, due to it's origin and specifications, this may be the reason as to why it isn't working. 

I would advise to speak with the handset manufacturers themselves regarding this. 

- Rebeka 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@AJvan you'll probably need to do the 'tether dun required' trick. See here https://diggle.tech/news/2016/03/enable-tethering-android-5-1-beyond-marshmallow/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AJvan

Hi Mister,
Tried#4, without computer, but no luck, will try the other USB options this weekend and report back here.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@AJvan yes, I tried that first on my Cubot phone. I had to do the 'tether_dun_required' setting using adb

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AJvan

Perfect, it worked!!!

Thanks a lot!