Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data only SIM

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

Data only SIM

I've had a quick look at the available deals but there doesn't seem to be a "data only" offer.

I would be interested in something that beats the EE PAYG SIMs which tend to cost around £5 for 2GB/month (I buy the 6 GB/3 month ones).

Data use is a tricky subject for MVNOs (as giffgaff have found out) but a "capped" offer like 2GB a month should be viable.

I am the satisfied customer....
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data only SIM

Hi @markhawkin

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this great idea! It’s definitely something we can look into, but for the moment we’ll be offering the excellent all service deals, that you can see available on our website.

If there is anything we can help you with in the future feel free to contact us! We’re always happy to offer advice, and help. Smiley

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Data only SIM

The other usefully possibility would be a "data backup SIM".

This would have an allowance (for example 10GB) which aggregates over a 12 month period and could be used in routers that support 4G modem backup (for example my Draytek 2860). Assuming there are no broadband faults, no data would be used, in the event of any kind of failure the 4G backup comes in to play.

For home workers and others who highly value their connection, if this were available for a few pounds a month it could be popular.

Otherwise a PAYG offer with a long expiry on the data bought or a "Three" style 1p/MB (but unlike Three available for modems/dongles) option would cover this requirement.

Loads of people have occasional need for mobile data and nothing currently in the market ideally matches that need.

I am the satisfied customer....