cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data connection

targaid

Data connection

I'm having issues with streaming, loading Google Maps and other fairly data intensive work. None of it downloads.

Facebook and emails etc all work fine but I can't stream from the Planet Rock app, Google maps never loads routes and won't navigate and YouTube won't show anything. Yesterday we tried showing the same video at the same location on my wife's phone (on EE) and it was fine.

I've checked through my settings and the apps are cleared to download on mobile data, so unless I'm missing a setting somewhere, it's not that. They all run fine on wi-fi so I'm assuming there;s a problem with my data connection.  Often things are slooooow even if the phone is showing a 4g connection.

Any ideas, anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Data connection

Hi @targaid,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your mobile data speed.

To rule out the possibility of the performance issue being effected by the device, could you try our SIM card in another handset?

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
targaid

Sorry, Jubby, but I don't have access to a handset that takes your SIM size.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

No worries @targaid, thanks for letting us know. Could you try rebooting the phone and turning airplane mode on and off as looking here: https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice shows recent work was completed in the area and this may have been the cause of the issue.