cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data charge £1.50 - did I go over by 1KB?

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Data charge £1.50 - did I go over by 1KB?

I got a text that I reached my data limit. I immediately switched off my mobile data but I can see now £1.50 data charge on my account. Seriously!?? And it's not even showing in usage history despite happening over 3 hours ago.

Not too happy about it.

4 REPLIES 4
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Data charge £1.50 - did I go over by 1KB?

Hi pkw, thanks for getting in touch! 

I'm very sorry to hear you've been charged for excess data usage. 

As standard if a customer uses any amount of data on any given day once they've used all of their allowance, they'd be charged £1.50 for that day. 
The £1.50 charge allows you to use up to 200mb in that day. 

If you drop me a private message I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thank you Sarah.

I understand the charges but because it's the first time it happened to me it's a bit of a shock Shocked Considering I'm on £5 plan, £1.50 seems a bit steep for going a little over data usage, to be honest. I guess I have to set up close data usage monitoring on my phone now.

I think it would be much better if there was an option to cut off data in the account once it reaches limit, or provide some "lee-way", like, say, 20M over limit before charges are applied.

I'll send you a PM.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

If you'd like to monitor your usage more closely we can set up bundle notifications for you which can be set up either daily or weekly and alert you have much of your bundle you have left. 

We also have a Smart Cap feature on the account which can be set as low as £2 and will stop you incurring any extra charges over this :). 

If you drop me a message I can set these up for you Smiley 

I'll also forward on your suggestions for a small amount of leeway before charges are applied. 

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

I always keep an eye on their offers as it's simple enough to upgrade (or downgrade) when something better comes up. There's a 2GB data, 750 minutes, 1000 texts offer for just £7  a month at the moment.