cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizable Username for online mobile account

szaman81
Grafter

Customizable Username for online mobile account

Any chance of creating my own username instead of having account number as username as it is very difficult to remember....

admin/plusnet mobile?

6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Customizable Username for online mobile account

szaman81
Grafter

I was never given the option
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @szaman81,

We don’t currently offer the option for changing your Username, as it’s your account reference number; however if you’re having difficulty remembering it, you can always find it in the Welcome E-mail you would have received when the SIM first activated. Smiley 

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

When I did my first sim I changed the user name but only by accident and even then it’s still the account number with another name in front of it. My other two sims are just the number as I was concentrating on inputting the correct information more than anything else.

This is because by default your account number appears in the user name form and unless you know that you can actually change that,  no one knows and let’s face it while you’re trying to work out a suitable password with a capital here, a lower case there, a number here and maybe an asterisk here then when you hit enter you get something saying you can use dots or dashes in your password so you have to start all over again and entering a user name is the least of your worries during sign up time.

brianwright22
Grafter

I have just joined Plusnet Mobile from Tesco lite, all seemed to go ok except the forced account number used as the User Name.

I have lodged a complaint but how stupid is it to use your a/c number as your user name,lets hope if enough users complain Plusnet may bring us into the 21st century and have a User Name we can remember and a more secure one. We are constantly told not to divulge our account numbers.!!!

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8