cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizable Username for online mobile account Nothings changed.!!!

brianwright22
Grafter

Customizable Username for online mobile account Nothings changed.!!!

I read six months ago and when I tried to comment I was advised to start a New TopicCustomizable Username for online mobile account.

I have just received my Mobile SIM and my account has gone live. No info was given to me only a statement of "now go to your Mobile a/c. I did not enter any information into my Mobile account and was asked to enter my USER NAME & PASSWORD.

As you know it does not work because I had no idea what my Username was.A 15 wait telephone call to Plusnet mobile informed me to use my account number as my Username. When my account was set up I now find that my user name cannot be changed.

What sort of illogical thinking is this ? My account is supposed to be for My benefit and ease of use ,are all Plusnet IT members so daft as to force my User Name to be my a/c number.

I have lodged a complain but perhaps other users here may also complain.

6 REPLIES 6
SeanCorri
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Customizable Username for online mobile account Nothings changed.!!!

Hi brianwright22!

Thanks for your feedback today! We're always looking at ways to improve our customer experience!

I can confirm that in the next My Account release, you'll be able to use your email address to log-in! This hasn't been released just yet, and i'm unable to give you a timescale as to when this will be ready, i'm afraid.

In the meantime, you can find your username and a password creation link towards the bottom of your Welcome Email. If you can't find your Welcome Email, then it's always a good idea to check your 'Junk/Spam' folder, and you might find it hiding in there! 

I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to drop me a PM if you have any further questions! -Sean Smiley

brianwright22
Grafter

Thanks for your prompt reply .An email address is better than the a/c number but I still cannot agree that my user name has to be chosen by Plusnet.

SeanCorri
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It's no problem at all brianwright22!

It's a starting block, and hopefully we can build on this for you in future releases of the online My Account! -Sean Smiley

scottme

Since moving to PlusNet mobile, I now have three separate username/password combinations for PlusNet: Broadband, Community, and Mobile. It would be lovely if you could somehow allow the same credentials to be used for all services & websites.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi scottme

Thanks very much for leaving us some feedback!

While this isn't something we offer at the moment this certainly would make things more simple! 

I'll send this off as something we could implement in future updates Smiley 

brianwright22
Grafter

When you replied to my complaint regarding the User Name you indicated that the Plusnet team were going to implement the use of our email as our username.  Why bother with this interim change and go for a dedicated User Name decided by us clients for the next update changes.

Regards Brian Wright