cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service .......or not !

GaryWalker

Customer Service .......or not !

I was a returning customer to plusnet after having a contract phone for a while. I was happy with having a monthly rolling contract. I wanted to then update my internet allowance and went online to do so and moved it but was still under the impression that I was on a rolling contract. I have found out today after having to contact them that apparently I’m on a 12 month contract. I explained that this was obviously done in error but got given the same line by operator and manager that there was nothing they could do. Unless I paid to cancel.

The manger even said “can I prove it was an error” but denied calling me a liar although by definition he had just down so!

The level of customer service is appalling they are only interested in taking the money under any circumstance. I would advise anyone who has just joined to get out ASAP before they rope you in long term by stealth !!

I will now have to persevere with this contract until It ends but will not touch plusnet with a barge pole ever again. The worst customer service I have ever had.

2 REPLIES 2
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Customer Service .......or not !

Hey there @GaryWalker, thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm sorry to read you've had some trouble with your mobile service with us and I apologise for the frustration caused. From what you've described it doesn't sound like a recontract, however, after making any account changes an email notification is usually sent out confirming the changes, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you - just drop me a PM with the following information: 

- Your full name and confirmation you are the account holder

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number 

- Your date of birth 

- The last two digits of both your sort code and account number used to make payment 

Thanks.  

GaryWalker

Re: Customer Service .......or not !

Hi Mads, so we are now 2 weeks from the call I made and complaint I raised about the above. I was told on the call that I would receive a copy of the email that confirmed I had signed up for a 12 month contract. This never arrived! I was also told that I would receive and email outlining all we had discussed on the call, surprise, surprise that never arrived either. Plusnet is a joke, as I said in my original post anyone with any sense should get out now before they trap you into a contract you never wanted. Can’t wait for May to get rid of this awful company. If they had any once of decency they would allow me to walk away now, but of course they want to be paid for that. Terrible !!!