cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check fail. Please help

MrR0b0t

Credit check fail. Please help

Hi Plusnet support,

I've just tried to take up £5/month sim deal for each of my family members. Got a credit check fail on the 4th.

I have never been refused credit...and this is for a £5/month 30 day contract?

Plusnet - please can you look into this and explain why?

Regards,

Peter

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue after split to its own thread.

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Credit check fail. Please help

Moderator's note:

Post split to its own thread for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MrR0b0t

I have checked my score and it has zero negative factors, only a whole host of positive ones.

Please can plusnet:

- explain why the 4th attempt to purchase a sim failed due to "credit check failed"

- what agency plusnet use

- persuade me that they have not damaged my credit reputation with this agency.

Peter

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi MrR0b0t

I am sorry to hear that you've had some trouble when ordering the SIM's!

With regards to credit check failures, this could be for a number of reasons. For example, we do require all payment details to be under the same name and address as the account holder, but any slight discrepancies in spelling of this can cause a fail. Furthermore, a full address history is required, and once again can cause a fail if there are any slight mistakes in this. There are, of course, numerous other reasons that a credit check could fail, regardless of credit score, so I cannot confirm the specific reason if this is the case. In answer to your question, we do not use a specific agency, we update all credit reference agencies, it is then up to the customer to chose which they use personally. Smiley

Also, you have explained you tried to set up 4 accounts, so there is a possibility that it could be an authentication error with your bank or credit reference agency, as they may have registered it as a duplicate order. Although, I cannot confirm this one as you would need to get this information from your bank or credit agency.

I will also advise, that Plusnet Broadband customers can have up to 5 SIM's, but non Plusnet Broadband customers can only have a maximum of 3. If you are not a Plusnet Broadband customer, this will also explain why the 4th SIM order failed.

Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience this failed order may have caused, and I will be more than happy to look into this for you, as without further clarification, I cannot advise on which of the above could be the reason for the failed order. Further to this, I also cannot guarantee whether or not there is a mark on your credit file from Plusnet, as we do not have access to this information.

If you do require me to investigate this further just drop me a PM and I will pick this up and go through some security to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,
Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team