cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check declined

slingo

Credit check declined

I tried to sign up for a SIM only deal yesterday for my wife and got as far as the payment screen and got credit check declined. I have very good credit, own my home outright and both my wife and I have decent jobs and have always been on the electoral roll.. I have never had any issues getting credit and it seems ridiculous that I can buy a house, or get a loan for a car etc, but get turned down for a £9 a month ONE MONTH contract! I'd even input my bank details for the direct debit, so why they even need my card details is a mystery anyway! I rang my bank to check if there was a problem and they said my credit check was clean, but they also said they're getting a lot of reports of people having this issue with mobile phone companies, so rang PlusNet to query and was told to phone Experian which of course are not open on a Sunday, so rang them today in my lunch hour. They told me it was nothing to do with them and to ring PlusNet. After an eight minute wait, I was told they couldn't help, and that I would have to wait 30 days before trying again. If there is nothing you can do about this, then you are obviously going to lose potential good customers as I'll just go to another provider, because I do not want to have to wait another month before getting a new deal for my wifes phone. Can anyone help? If not I'll just have to go elsewhere.

5 REPLIES 5
szaman81
Grafter

Re: Credit check declined

Go with Smarty they don't credit check

https://smarty.co.uk/

Joyceden2003

Reply to Slingo.

Exactly the same thing happened to me last night. Refused credit at only £8 per month one month contract!

I pay more to Charity than £8  every month. No history of debt or late payments etc etc.

Own my own house for 21yrs now.

I would be quite happy to pay cash each month but credit is their only option.

Unbelievable.  Absolutely disgraceful What is going on with Plusnet.?!

slingo

Go to Asda mobile - no credit checks and they use EEs network too!
Joyceden2003

I was searching online last night and as I'm already with Sky for TV, I decided to apply for Sim, they accepted immediately, £5 monthly for unlimited minutes/texts and 500mg data, 12 months contract.

I don't mind the 12 months but would have liked a bit more data. I can apply for more but will see how it goes.

Many thanks for your reply.

alun

I tried to apply for a £6.00 sim only today and was declined on line and also when I rang. I have never had a refusal in my life . I checked Experian and Noddle both show maximum score so the problem is with Plusnet. Warning applying for credit many times even for small items counts on your score so my advice is go elsewhere.