cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card payment error

codfishsteve

Credit card payment error

I attempted to take up your £5 sim only, triple data deal online today. Entered all details but got a Payment Error message from the credit card payment screen. I contacted my card provider, Capital One, and they told me that the payment had gone through. I then phone the Sales team and explained, and was then taken through the whole order again only to be told that the Credit card payment had failed again. The operator told me that it might be something to do with the Experian credit check that is run. Phoned Capital One again and again the payment had been take, I then ran an Experian Credit report and got a score of 998 out of a possible 999 i.e. very high credit rating. I also ran a Clearscore credit report and got a similarly high rating. I started a chat session with one of your operators, [CSA Removed], but was told he could not help and that I should phone 0800 0791133, but that only took me back to the sales team who could not help in the first place. None of this makes any sense as I have a near perfect credit rating and yet have been refused a £5 a month contract where the money is taken by direct debit anyway. Can someone help with this please.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

5 REPLIES 5
jogwolf
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Credit card payment error

It's their website that is faulty nothing is wrong with your payment method, same thing happened to me 3 months ago when I joined, the payment page failed 3 time and got charged 3 times eventually worked the 4th attempt the following day. Plusnet refunded all the extra charges.
codfishsteve

Thanks for that, I'll give it another go tomorrow.

codfishsteve

Just tried again online and got the same error - that's 3 payments taken that I'll need to ensure I get back, and I still haven't been able to order the sim. Absolute rubbish system - I've spoken to sales twice and via chat and the response I get is that they're very sorry but there's nothing they can do to help. I guess I'll just have to look for a deal with another company.

jogwolf
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

There are many post in this forum complaining about the same problem and there is no clear answer as to why exactly this is happening.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Signup-failed-at-payment-stage/m-p/1433654#M3911

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Card-payment-error-stilled-charged-my-account/m-p/1467779#M5790

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/5-Credit-searches-for-one-sim-only-deal/m-p/1468403#M5826

Maybe the help team can enlighten on the situation.
codfishsteve

It would be good if they could put a fix in place before this current deal ends, but I won't hold my breath.