cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report being given a negative due to Plusnet incompetence

rickief
Dabbler

Re: Credit Report being given a negative due to Plusnet incompetence

The credit team may not be customer facing but your management are, so that is not an acceptable 'cop out'.

The option of the Information Commissioners office being involved should be enough to escalate this to someone who actually has some responsibility in their role within Plusnet, as no one with actual authority has addressed this issue.

Or have they and they hope it goes away?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@rickief,

We'll get a letter sent out to you which should be with you mid next week (mainly because of the bank holiday period). 

MIchaelB1
Grafter

I have not had one of these emails and I have had ongoing direct debit issues for around 3 months now. I have no idea if my credit score has been affected, but it would seem likely given the payment issues I've been having.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @MIchaelB1, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear that you're also being affected by this.

The quickest way to check would be to utilise one of the free credit reports available online, as it's not something we hold in our front end systems and could take several days for us to get a response from the relevant team.

If there have been any erroneous marks on your file please drop me a screenshot via PM and we'll be able to get it resolved for you. -Owen

rickief
Dabbler

3 weeks later - still no letter, wonder what happened to that?

Are Plusnet just not willing to put it in writing so they can't be held accountable?

If I had to correct their error I couldn't as I would have no direct evidence to support the correction directly from Plusnet admitting the mistake.

I've been asked to complete a survey for a 'chance' to win an Amazon voucher, would you believe it!

Seems like everything with Plusnet is a bit of a chance - and no you have not done me proud, glad I'm out of the phone/broadband (which was iffy at best for fibre) and the 3 mobile accounts are going before the 5% increase (don't remember an increase anywhere else being announced.

At the moment I'd class Plusnet as being down there with TalkTalk , which is not a good please to be...

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @rickief,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience and I have personally sent a complaint email for you. 

If there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help.

beardface

The same thing has happened to me. I raised a complaint to PN 4 weeks ago but they  are dragging their heels in replying, acknowledging or sorting, not even an apology.. I wonder how many other people are impacted who don't even know. I found out only because I have an alert through my bank account. I also didn't receive any emails telling me there was an issue.

rickief
Dabbler

Finally received and email about this, on the 11/05/19 telling me to expect an update on the 11/05/19...

Needless to say the same day update didn't come and not surprisingly is still not here!

This falls into the utter shambles category.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@beardface - I'd like to look into this for you.

I'll just need to pass some Security and Validation with yourself and then I can look into your query straight away. 

Could you please PM me with the following details;

-  the account holders full name
-  full address including postcode 
-   mobile number 

@rickief - I'm sorry it's taking so long to resolve your account. I can assure you that our back office teams are continually working on the fixes for known issues, and as soon as we have implemented these and the have been proven correct we will contact affected customers with relevant updates. 

Kind Regards,

MoR

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

A SAR (Subject Access Request) seems the way forward, although PN may fail to even deliver that

- in which case raise a complaint with the ICO

In simple terms:

Companies are no longer allowed to charge for a SAR unless they can demonstrate that your requests are vexatious

They are required to accept the request by any normal route, where your identity is confirmed.

So requesting it of support here seems entirely legitimate. Keep the PM and response as evidence.

If you call them, record the call.

They are NOT allowed to then send you a document to have to fill in before they progress the request, or before th clock starts ticking, provided you have passed a reasonable security requirement - as you do on these forums.

They have one month at most to deliver the information to you, or give you a good reason why not

- and that isn't we just haven't done it yet

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-make-a-subject-access-request

If they fail in ANY of these requirements - raise a complaint with the ICO.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-of-access/

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@RobC, I'm not sure that just a post on the forum requesting it would be sufficient as that doesn't necessarily identify/authenticate the customer customer, hence why that information is often requested by PM when it is needed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@pjmarsh 

"They are required to accept the request by any normal route, where your identity is confirmed.

So requesting it of support here seems entirely legitimate. Keep the PM and response as evidence.

If you call them, record the call."

Example to clarify:

You PM them or post in the thread that you want a SAR  .. and you reject them trying to send you to the phone CS ... so in thread might be better due to visible 'paper trail

Probably best for PN that its requested here given the license threatening actions reported of at least some of the phone CS - do record folks.

They do the usual security questions to confirm you are the account holder via PM as they do all the time

,,, perfectly valid request even if PN don't want it to be.

Refusal and attempts to make customer jump through PN hoops would be grounds for ICO complaint IMO - as shown in links.

That clearer?

and do you still think there may be any issues  with the suggestion?

(apart from PN potentially not complying with a legal requirement that is)

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
rickief
Dabbler

RobC is actually quite correct, and Plusnet have already expired their month to provide a satisfactory response with a lie that a letter was being sent weeks ago (no such letter sent) then an email to say an update would be provided that day (no such update) and still being fobbed off with 'the back-office team are really busy trying to sort this out and communicate with effected customers' (are they, really?).

There's an ambulance chasing law firm out there just dying to jump on this for a class action job, in fact I might know one...

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @rickief,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry for the length of time this is taking to be resolved and can understand why you would be frustrated and upset with the situation.

At present our back office team are working on affected accounts. I'm aware we have not given you exact timescales and I sorry for that, however, please be assured we are working on a fix for the issues and as @MasterOfReality mentions we will update customers as soon as a fix has been implemented on affected accounts.

As we have previously stated we are unable to sent a letter due to this team not been customer facing and we are a paperless company - meaning we do not sent out letters. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

If you wish to have a DSAR on your account you would need to follow these steps here. It can take up to a month for this to be provided.

Please do get back in touch if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks.

rickief
Dabbler

Hi Mads, seems like your reading from the old script before this post moved past the first couple of posts.

Just to correct the one your reading from;

As we have previously stated we are unable to sent a letter due to this team not been customer facing and we are a paperless company - meaning we do not sent out letters. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I hold in my hand right now a letter from the Plusnet Billing Team (it's a refund letter for an overcharge) undated but received only two days ago, explain that for a 'paperless' company that doesn't send letters...

If you wish to have a DSAR on your account you would need to follow these steps here. It can take up to a month for this to be provided.

I have already passed the security verification steps by PM to Plusnet staff weeks ago, and as previously mentioned by another poster the clock is ticking, past the allowable time limit!

It's a sad reflection in your ability to take part in this forum on behalf of Plusnet that you couldn't be bothered to read and understand a mere 2 pages of posts, and check fact, before posting 100% inaccurately - not quite 'doing us proud' is it.