cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Help

adamholmes90

Credit Report Help

I have just seen on my credit report that PlusNet are applying a missed payment every month, I contacted PN who advised this is for a LifeMobile deal taken in 2015.

I acknowledge that the debt is correct I just wasn't aware it had been taken over.

However, when I asked if I could pay the debt I was advised it had been sold and they could not tell me who to, therefore they are applying a late payment every month despite the debt being settled with PN and passed to a debt collector and can't tell me who they sold it to so I can pay it?

What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Credit Report Help

Whoever is reporting to the credit agency will be the people you need to be contacting, if PN have sold it on, it won't be them. Most credit agencies give addresses for all the companies that appear on your credit report. If you still fail to make contact, you can try a notice of correction while trying to make contact.

adamholmes90

Thanks for the reply. The issue I am facing is it still show on my credit file as with PlusNet. I would be expecting to see it as settled with PN or closed and then reopened under a different name for the same amount but it just says PN.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Under data protection law, it is the responsibility of a lender to ensure all available information is up to date, although complaints to the Information Commissioner go unresolved for many months (I know, I have had an ongoing complaint for 8 months with only 1 response!). If PN have sold your account on to a 3rd party, they no longer own your financial information and your account should be marked as closed with the appropriate codings for amount of months payments missing, or if the account was in default. They should not be updating your file every month unless you have an agreement with them, that should now be the recovery company, if they have a CRA licence. PN should also provide details to you of any person the debt was sold onto and i'm surprised the recovery agents haven't made contact.  While trying to get it sorted, a notice of correction is probably only going to help you as it allows you to put a reason on your file that future creditors will have to read and acknowledge before they can make any future lending decisions about you. You should contact the data protection person at PN and find out why this is happening and, if the debt was sold on months ago, they should be amending the file to the time when the account was sold on.

My Wife holds a CRA licence for Barclays, so I do (think) I know a little about it.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @adamholmes90

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry you've had some trouble with your credit report regarding a Life/Plusnet mobile account. So I can take a look into this and see if I can find a bit more info for you please drop me a PM with the following info: 

- Your full name and confirmation you are the account holder

- Your full address with postcode (where the service was registered) 

- Your Plusnet/Life mobile number 

- Your date of birth 

- The last two digits of the sort code and account number used to make payment to us

Thanks.