cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check fail

catstevecam

Credit Check fail

Is it possible to discover what specific part of a credit check has resulted in me not being able to have a £6/month SIM?

I haven't failed a credit check in my life and then when I wish to sign-up to Plusnet - bingo - credit check fail!

Can anyone help me over this hurdle?

4 REPLIES
LifeonMars
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Credit Check fail

Why not apply for a free Experian Credit check, it costs nothing unless you sign up for the extras.

http://www.experian.co.uk/experian-account/01_free_score.html?sc=200106&ds_kid=43700002008145425&gcl...

catstevecam

Many thanks - Experion are busy confirming my identity - which they say can take 5 days (which adds to my question about how Plusnet could fail me in a matter of seconds)  

I still wonder if there is a way to make a purchase without the dubious Experion data.

catstevecam

Well, I waited a week and every time I logon to the Experian website the result is that they still have further identity checks to complete . . . . .

So I asked my wife to sign-up (as she had also been denied a £6 Plusnet SIM due to credit reference check) - and her free Experion report came back as spotless with a score of '999' !

But still we can't get a Plusnet SIM.

Aaaargh

Fixes: 127

It depends which agency PN use - you can see your score on all using Noddle and ClearScore to add to the experian.
Plus what their criteria is, which they probably won't divulge Sad
Will Moderate For Thanks