Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check fail

FIXED
catstevecam
Fixes: 1

Credit Check fail

Is it possible to discover what specific part of a credit check has resulted in me not being able to have a £6/month SIM?

I haven't failed a credit check in my life and then when I wish to sign-up to Plusnet - bingo - credit check fail!

Can anyone help me over this hurdle?

6 REPLIES 6
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Credit Check fail

Why not apply for a free Experian Credit check, it costs nothing unless you sign up for the extras.

http://www.experian.co.uk/experian-account/01_free_score.html?sc=200106&ds_kid=43700002008145425&gcl...

catstevecam

Many thanks - Experion are busy confirming my identity - which they say can take 5 days (which adds to my question about how Plusnet could fail me in a matter of seconds)  

I still wonder if there is a way to make a purchase without the dubious Experion data.

catstevecam

Well, I waited a week and every time I logon to the Experian website the result is that they still have further identity checks to complete . . . . .

So I asked my wife to sign-up (as she had also been denied a £6 Plusnet SIM due to credit reference check) - and her free Experion report came back as spotless with a score of '999' !

But still we can't get a Plusnet SIM.

Aaaargh

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It depends which agency PN use - you can see your score on all using Noddle and ClearScore to add to the experian.
Plus what their criteria is, which they probably won't divulge Sad
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
catstevecam

Fix

I simply have to write to say that persistence pays-off.

My wife has repeatedly applied for a SIM and today, PlusNet has accepted the application and will be sending a SIM very soon.

I have no idea why the credit check has suddenly worked but it is very reassuring that we no longer have a 'have you ever been refused credit or insurance . . . ' hanging over us.

Thank you for reading this dull saga and I hope none of you ever have the same problems when trying to do business with PlusNet.

Doublegandt

Both myself, in December 17, and my partner in March 18, failed credit checks via the online application for £10 sim only deals.
In both cases we rang and ordered via the phone (which takes ages!) and the credit check went through perfectly.
I put it down to the online form requiring a house number for the address and we don't have a house number. At customer services I think they use a different system obviously.
However, it is worrying because apprantly a failed credit check in itself goes down ad a negative for your credit rating.
So, if anyone fails a credit check for such a small amount via the online ordering system, just ring customer services.