cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check Fail!!

RobP
Hooked

Credit Check Fail!!

Hi, I've just applied for a £7.00/mth SIM only deal and have failed the credit check!

Panicked a bit so went to over to Experian and credit score still rated as excellent. I've lived at the same address for 40plus yrs full time work etc etc

So I'm completely dumbfounded how I could fail a credit check with Plusnet for a £7 SIM especially as I'm a Plusnet broadband customer too.

On a side note, why is it classed as credit when you pay in advance by direct debit?

If anyone can help clear up this mystery I'd be very grateful,

Rob.

9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Credit Check Fail!!

So I'm completely dumbfounded how I could fail a credit check with Plusnet for a £7 SIM especially as I'm a Plusnet broadband customer too

Sounds like a system fault, there shouldn't be a credit check if you're already a PN customer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see this, 

As mobile services are based on a separate platform credit checks for mobile would be carried out if you already held other services with us. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Just as an aside, Rob, your credit score is meaningless and an imaginary made up number generated by the credit reference agencies.

Your credit history is the important thing.

Not too long ago I was rejected by a mobile service provider because of a failed credit check. My history both past and present is flawless.They wouldn't reverse their decision so I went elsewhere on a monthly contract without any problems whatsoever. No search by them was recorded in my history either which baffled me.

There has to be something that didn't compute, some bot has thrown a wobbler maybe. Does your credit history with Experian show any possible problems?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@adamwalker  are you sure about that ? Not according to this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Existing-Plusnet-Fibre-Customer-Plusnet-Mobile-Sim-Only/m-p/164...

I've just re-checked the Ts & C's and it still states

Credit and Fraud Checks
  • Plan availability subject to credit and fraud checks, unless you are an existing Plusnet broadband customer where a credit check will not be required.

My experience certainly confirms this, as no credit check was performed when I took out a mobile plan

I believe that the checks required are for identity purposes rather than a true credit check and thus if you already have a broadband account, no further identity verification is required

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

As advised above if you enter your broadband username during signup you won't be credit checked

If you don't enter it then you would be subject to a credit check the same as non-broadband customers would

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RobP
Hooked

First of all thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to my post.

Just to update, I reapplied today and it went through with no problems!

When I applied and was turned down yesterday I did enter my username and was confirmed as a Plusnet customer but was still rejected. Today the only thing I did differently was to use the email address that I originally signed up with, which I now don't really use as I've got a new main email.

Anyway all's good and SIM's on its way. Thanks again,

Rob.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear you managed to get it sorted!

If you have any issues in future let us know

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nfader

Yep, the same thing happened to me just now. I have been a Plusnet internet/phone customer for 5~6 years and there is a direct debit as well. So I am totally confused about this.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @nfader I am sorry to hear you had a similar experience when you attempted to join our mobile services.

Do you need any assistance with this matter?

My colleagues have responded to this thread with advice and suggestions, to help resolve this issue.

Please let us know if you require any assistance from ourselves.

Many thanks.